[PS4] Knifing when cloaked?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BigJohnny, Aug 17, 2015.

1. BigJohnny

This happened a while ago, before GU2, but I was in a field, and had a cloaker run up on me, cloaked, and start knifing me.

I could see his outline because he was moving, but he was clearly knifing (and killed) me while he was cloaked.

Is there a cert or something that needs to be upgraded to do this?
  2. Crypsys

They buffed the cloaker to make it even harder to see. I recommend running flashlight on your guns so you can use it. Cloakers are hiding everywhere now.
  3. BigJohnny

I want to know how to knife while staying cloaked.

I could him running at me just fine, I just don't know how he was able to use the knife without decloaking.
  4. Ryme Intrinseca

Since the buff cloakers are effectively invisible in many lighting conditions. Even if you look right at them (eg because they just cloaked on that spot) you cant see them. As well as an auto-instaglib device its also a get out of jail free card. It's simply ridiculous.
  5. Plastikfrosch

No its not possible to knife (or attack at all) while being in cloak. it would be totally OP especially since there are the OHK knifes. You always have to decloak first. But if you change your keybindings you can really fast, decloak, activate the knife and swing it so your enemy will drop dead nearly instantly and perhaps he was decloaked on his side but in your pov he was still in cloak.
  6. BigJohnny

I'm starting to like cloakers. I was surrounded by 4 TR lastnight who thought they were safe sniping.
    At one point one guy was actually blocked by me, he was running into me and couldn't figure out why. he jumped over me and I just lay still.

a couple other times I had people run right up on me. they were looking right in my face.... then moved on because they didn't see me.

I have no problem with these buffs, even if I'm not the one playing cloaker.....
  7. Ryme Intrinseca

Also seen driving around this morning: cloaked flash. Thought they fixed that bug ages ago.
  8. BigJohnny

ya that seems to have come back after GU2. I wasn't here to witness it the first time, but I got smoked by a "cloaked" NC MAX inside of a base during a huge battle.

I don't think he knew he was cloaked, but it wasn't hard to see him, just confusing.

This knife guy though, this happened before GU2, and I was running backwards watching this guy furiously swing his knife at me while cloaked.