PS2's net coding and Hit registration is near BF4 level

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPlague, May 3, 2014.

1. iPlague

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's experience this.
    Pumping a guy full of lead only to see him turn around, or even worse decimate a heavy assault and his shield seem to absorb all 30 rounds of your weapon of choice!?

Yes. Ever since SOE decided to change the head hitbox for a 3rd time the hit registration has been inconsistent, and ESPECIALLY in high population areas where the data tragic slows down, and the ping increases.

What the cause of this is, I wouldn't know. But the net coding is surely getting close to resemble that of the "Multi Dollar Success" of BF4's current gungame.

I'd love you to fix this, I really would, because it's no way near acceptable to have to pound 20 bullets into 1 fellow to get a single kill.

NOR is it acceptable to die around a corner

And it is absolutely not acceptable to be killed by a guy, THAT you killed on your end .5 seconds ago.

I strongly urge you to fix Clientside, these past two days of Double EXP has been some of the LEAST fun I've had due to this inconsistent, so much that I am attempting to make you aware of the error.

Please post your own stories of how the new BF4 Clientside Feature as ruined / thrown a wrench into your sessions on live.
    • Up x 1
  2. Tommyp2006

I don't mind a little bit of lag death due to client side hit detection, but I've died more than a full second when outside of the line of fire. I've had multiple times where I've backed into a shield door, and got killed on the other side of it while about halfway through a reload cycle.
    • Up x 2
  3. z1967

If it happened it the last few days you can blame x2 xp weekends for that. I got 700 certs inbetween two CTDs, a few crashes, and several ping timeouts. Then it got out of primetime and my ping went back to normal, so meh.
  4. pnkdth

It is an unfortunate compromise that has been made in order to cope with ever more advanced graphics and higher server load. It isn't so much that you can't do it better but it comes down to server costs. For example, with CS1.6 and Q3 there were loads of dedicated servers outside of the original developers hands. This allowed a much faster response time and it was much easier to restart servers wen they started to tire.

It would be very interesting to see what would happen if we could make use of a collective server, much like how torrents work, but I also guess this method would open up to a ludacris amount of cheats.

So... a solution, well more of a band aid, would be to have more frequent server restarts.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liberty

I've actually had the opposite happening to me, for a while there (better part of a month) I couldn't play because so much wasn't registering for me. My accuracy for a few weapons I started to use dropped from high 20's - low 30's to low 20's out of nowhere, despite no real change in gameplay.

But the past few times I've logged in, things have seemed very crisp a majority of the time. There have been a few times, mid encounter where bullets will stop registering for a split second, they seem few and far between though.
  6. jiggu

I'd like to point out that I have 100 ping to servers when I should be at ~30, they really should sort this out.
  7. iPlague

Even today the server is lagging out giving insane hitching.
  8. baberbot

the game crashes to desk top on spawn all this weekend bet no one can beat that
  9. sagolsun

That happens ONLY when two players start exchanging fire in close quarters at roughly the same time. If that happens, some weird algorithm kicks in and tries to resolve who won. The weirdness here is that both players can take a silly amount of fire from each other - enough to kill both three times over.

It's like the game says "screw it" to the normal HP mechanics and puts those two players in a sort of damage auction. If you out-DPS your enemy during this auction, you win - even though on the enemy's screen it looks like your character took enough lead to use his manhood as a pencil, and vice versa.
  10. Noppa

Noo nothing wrong with the hitboxes and netcode.. nope.. nothing at all..
  11. TeknoBug

Past couple days I was getting ~2 second delays on kills, I think z1967 pointed it out that it's the double xp weekend, first time in a long time I've seen the member queue having more than 1 person waiting.
  12. Stromberg

I generally stay out of all battles with 48+ ppl involved on one or both sides because of this now. imo it helps alot.
  13. Tito

killing behind the cover ita hapend to mee