PS2 on Oculus Rift

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattGuano, Mar 29, 2017.

1. BattGuano

I'm always out on the bleeding edge technically and have the Rift. As much as I enjoy my VR I still find myself playing PS2 more than anything else. I'm thinking of buying vorpx so that i can play PS in VR but thought i'd check here first to see if anyone else is using it or had tried it and what their experiences were. I don't want to waste 40 bucks on some software if it's going to make it harder to play PS2. Anyone have any experiences with it?

thanks in advance.
  2. Liewec123

i played it with my DK1 before VorpX left DK1 for dead, it was pretty fun though you really can't be competitive,
    its more of a novel experience than a practical way of playing ;)
  3. BattGuano

ah, that's what i thought - could you read everything ok? My experience in the past with things like these is that text is too blurred or small to be read. What about lag issues or suttering? I build my own PC's for gaming and have a 1080 GPU as well as O/C 6750, etc, etc. I'm wondering if game play on it may have gotten better over time.
  4. Liewec123

yep everything was pretty readable for the most part :)
    even on DK1's low resolution :D