PS2 is not a zero-sum game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RocketKhruschev, Feb 4, 2013.

1. RocketKhruschev

It's about working as a team to capture points. Just because you aren't getting lots of XP doesn't mean the game is broken, and if SOE nerfs something or buffs something, it's to prevent certain over-powered weapons from dominating the other classes. I find it hilarious when some people complain about their K/D ratios, because I play an engineer/medic who runs around repairing tanks, healing people, and dropping ammo packs for MAXes. I've gotten blown up by rocket pods and instagibbed by Hacksaws or grenades all the time, and I get relatively low amounts of credits for it. But it's worth it when you're in a huge convoy of infantry and tanks rolling across Indar, with fighters raining missiles on incoming enemy liberators, and the enemy doesn't know what to do. That's when Planetside 2 is the best game ever.
    • Up x 1
  2. Sharmanti

Well seeing the xp just pumping in is quite fun, the best way to do it right now is fighting

I'd like to see repairing and giving ammo/healing etc etc as a viable option.. but it's not...
  3. RocketKhruschev

Yeah, seeing the little numbers show up after a kill is nice, and running around on a Flash spotting and dropping mines is also fun. But shooting every red figure that moves until it stops moving with no larger objective gets pretty boring after a while.
  4. Alkasirn

I think it's weird how the game's supposedly team-based where a player's contributions should matter and they're supposed to depend on their team... but then all the best exp comes from being a one man army. Back before the 3-4 air nerfs in a row I'd see people say that aircraft was OP because they could be immortal in theory; just going and repairing their damage when their armor started to get low. When you think about it, why would that matter? Either way the aircraft would be out of the fight and a non-factor for a while. Why is that so bad? Oh right, because the game doesn't shower players in certs for merely contributing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Flarestar

No, it's really not.

It feels that way for a while. Can feel that way for a long time even if you're playing with a good outfit.

Then reality sets in and you realize you have been running in the same little circle for the last two months, and it crashes home that the game is, indeed, all about certs. Because nothing else actually matters more than briefly. That's part of why people get so upset when their preferred method of making the cert counter increment gets nerfed.

The other part is because this forum is comprised of like 85% pubbie tears, 13% nerd rage, and 2% rational discourse.
  6. WNxSpectre

This title displays a terrible lack of understanding of what a zero sum game is. War and battles with one side winning over the other are by their very nature zero sum games, unless you believe that somehow the other factions benefit by allowing their bases to be conquered.

Just wow. This title is so far off it is utterly shocking. Someone does not understand the term zero sum game and non zero sum game.