[PS2 Forums] My browser actually prompted to save my password

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lord Blackadder, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Lord Blackadder

When I logged in just now, my browser (Firefox 30.0) actually asked me if the password for the Planetside forums should be saved. For the first time. Ever.
    I would be telling a lie when I say the words "It's happening" did not make a brief appearance in my mind.

When I logged out and tried to log in again, the password had actually been saved, meaning I only had to type in my user name, and after pressing [Tab] --> [Enter], the password magically appeared. Oh happy days.
    -edit: and it has saved my user name as well (as in: it's available as an auto-fill in the user name box).

Unfortunately auto-login still doesn't work; when I close my browser and start a new session, I still have to type in my user name and press [Tab] --> [Enter] to log in. It will not save my login between sessions.

Anyone else who noticed this "new" feature recently?

Oh, and since there's actually some progress on the Loginside stuff, my question to SOE/mods/admins is: will auto-login be added soon?
  2. baka

Chrome has been doing that for a couple months now, at least. All I need to do is click the sign in link and log in. Username and Password are already there.
  3. SierraAR

Firefox has had a password management feature for ages. I dont personally use it as I have Lastpass for that, though, which includes and autologin feature :p
  4. Smagjus

That's not what the topic is about. About 2 month before a website could deny this feature by setting up the input fields in a specific way. Then Chrome came with a way to save passwords regardless and now Firefox.
  5. Lord Blackadder

Yes, I know that, obviously. It just didn't work for me on this particular website until yesterday.
  6. S7rudL

I use an addon called fillform, it auto fills the area with the username and password based on the remembered url.

Use addons at your own risk.