PS2 Crashes after a few seconds when using Recursion Tracker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRainmanGDR, Feb 16, 2018.

1. TheRainmanGDR

Hello Guys,

I'm just wondering whether anybody else is facing similar issues.

Since a few days, after starting recursion tracker (RT) together with Planetside 2 the game crashes at different points but at the latest after I logged in and be located at the warp gate.

I'm using the latest version of RT (0.11.0.9) As mentioned that happens to me since one week or so. Before everything was fine.

There are no changes to my system or software setup known to me (appart from usual W7 updates and those things).

I can separately start RT without problems. Same statement is valid for Planetside 2. But both together showing up problems.

Is there some experienced guy outside who has some nice recommendation?

(I know you all have some experiences in some fields so don't get me wrong ;))

Kind regards
  2. HippoCryties

Yup I’m having this exact same problem I actually had to disable recursion to get ps2 running. Then I updated windows 10 and it seemed to work. Go into recursion and on ure character click auto track then without starting a session boot up ps2.the overlay should automatically come on and it won’t crash as far as my bug went
    Hope this helps
  3. TheRainmanGDR

@ TheRatRule:

Thanks for your feedback. I tried it but its not working. I'm playing around with the settings and disabled tracking and HUD just crosshair overlay is enabled but it still crashes. I used auto tracking, I disabled auto tracking, started both as admin, started just one of them with admin, but it seems that the pure execution of RT lead to this problem.

I asked ingame, with only one feedback which ment everything is working fine...don't know the reason in my case.

I already checked the log files without any clear indication for the crash...seems that these crashes are not even listed...

The bad thing is I've had got my best kill streak and haven't tracked it :( I've just a stupid skreenshot....

Greetings
  4. The Rogue Wolf

I've been having some issues with Recursion lately, but this isn't one of them. Have you tried running a repair on PS2's files, and un/reinstalling either Recursion or PS2?
  5. HippoCryties

I guess you are going to have to reinstall it, if that dosent work then I’m really not sure
  6. TheRainmanGDR

Guys thank you for you recommendations...

I haven't found any unstaller for the tracker so I just deleted it and installed it again...still the same problem

Now I have just one open point on my list...reinstalling PS2....

No big deal but I tried to avoid it ...:( ;)

Greetings
  7. DirArtillerySupport

Have tried just about everything recommended in the support forums. For weeks now loading recursion with the in-game overlay enabled results in a ctd. So long as I run recursion with the overlay disabled it works perfectly. I'm considering running a second display to get around it.

It's been a long ongoing battle keeping that overlay up. Soon as something updates you have to fiddle with it to get it working again but with a ctd I've kind of given up.
  8. Sergio Lima

I had this problem weeks ago, bad_modlu error, Its the old version of recursion that caused this for me.

Solved after i get the beta version of rercusion, you can mark tu use BETA on Recursion Configs
  9. DirArtillerySupport

Have been in the beta since the beginning. Says I'm running v0.11.09? But it doesn't say beta? Should it say beta somewhere? I do recall way back when I had to get them to enable it on the server end before it actually put me in for beta updates.