Prox mines? Sorry if theres already a thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Advanced Darkness, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Advanced Darkness

are these things nerfed or bugged? if theyre bugged are they going to be fixed? No real point to using these any more. BTW i completely agree with Duke (off topic?) thread about this being a BF3 clone so far. 6 yr original planetside vet and i guess in a year or 2 this will look like / feel more like planetside and less like the spammed BF CoD games being jammed down peoples throats.

anyway. wondering about the mines and if theres any plans on real combat engineering in the future.
  2. FateJH

Coming soon: the Engineer will pistol whip people with his Nano Armo Kit tool and it will build a bridge.
    Combat engineering!
  3. Sen7ryGun84

Title response: No, there has never not been a thread about proximity mines before. Please continue...
  4. dirtYbird

5. Veri

In short yes the Proximity mines are bugged and have been bugged since the last game update.
    Enemy can step on them, make them blow up and sustain no damage.

Watched an enemy infiltrator compromise a generator after stepping on one of my mines, running around like a headless chicken, then stepping on the other mine I placed near by.
  6. Latex

not playing until fixed its friggin bulldookie
  7. BalogDerStout

They are bugged, since no patch notes were released on how prox mines were alterted or if this is suppose to be their new 'intended' state.

They seem to work as long as you are in the general area and bug out past 300 M, leaving the mine where it is but dealing 0 damage when triggered. This is only knowledge I've read about, haven't tested. I'm still able to use them to some degree of effectiveness, but if you're strapped for infantry resources, spend them elsewhere for the time being.

(Heroic boost gives me more than I'll ever be able to use)
  8. Devrailis

I'm not certain if it's only the VS mines or not. Mine are working fine, even if I end up 300 m away, but on the other hand, I've walked on more than a few proxy mines in my MAX and noticed no damage so I suspect it might actually be just the VS who are suffering this problem, unless the TR have been noticing the same thing.
  9. Jezs

Good thing the NC mines still work fine.

...Right?
    • Up x 1
  10. Advanced Darkness

well im usually around a corner or something from mine..never 300m away and everyone can run right over em. I play mostly VS btw. Theres a tank mine trick that can be used for fun but you might get killed in the process and i wont mention it because all of a sudden theyll be nerfed or "bugged"
    I hate that i'm struggling to find fun in the game. Mines and engineering kept me around long enough to see the NC phoenix launcher added..doesnt have manual rocket explode like the one from Planetside did but...meh
  11. Veri

It's VS and TR claymores too apparently.
    I also think the claymores are bugged as I remember they have a larger splash radius in the direction they cover.
    I blew one up with my MAX in a range which should have damaged a little and no damage was inflicted.
  12. AceMF

This TR is noticing the same thing , it has been reported and scheduled to be fixed in update 6. I have personally witnessed multiple players trip 3 (three!) claymores stacked and take no damage , I have been killed by NC prox mines since the last update but I have also tripped theirs a couple times and taken no damage as well.

Either way yeah they know , and supposed to be fixed.
  13. ShayeUK

only APM working are the NC betties
  14. BalogDerStout

I play VS engy. But haven't been paying too much attention to it, just trying to use them as normal. There are a number of accounts that do confirm the bug. Annoying as heck, even more so for the Infiltrator class, since at least the engy can swap the slot for tank mines or another ammo pack. But mines are really what the engy/infi are meant for, not to mention pretty fun to use and reward being sneaky.

Hope they get it fixed soon. Without mines you're almost better off just rolling HA for everything.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rhyl

There has been a response on this. If everything goes well it gets fixed tomorrow. Someone sent a link to my thread where this was mentioned by the developer J-Good.
  16. BalogDerStout

Excellent, hadn't seen anything yet. Hopefully it gets resolved.
    • Up x 1