Proposed MBT Changes:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Jun 7, 2014.

1. asmodraxus

This is what happens when the devs caved in to the Call of Battlefield players, dedicated driver / gunner vehicles become the pos we have now, with driver/gunner and pew pew gunner.

If the Prowler and Vanguard secondary guns were given over to the driver to use and had proper gunners and then someone took a hack saw on the mags guns and pasted the part of the PPA/Saron/machine guns onto where the current drivers gun is, then

1) tank battles would not be so static. As if I'm spending time lining up shots I'm not concentrating on driving so much.
    2) maybe there might not be so much wailing and gnashing of teeth over these changes.

Anyone that says but its boring to drive and not have a gun, why does the harasser exist, because its sure fun to drive, and I don't believe its driver has a gun?
  2. TriumphantJelly

I don't know what the devs were thinking:
    Vannie was pretty much buffed vs tanks. TANKS. It needs infantry buffs, if anything at all.
    Prowler now has 75 KPH circle "strafing" and with it's better DPS and identical armour, it is a straight upgrade in many ways.
    The Magrider, already the weakest tank (if you're not extremely good with it) is getting many an indirect nerf.

We I can at least hope for some Mag buffs (maybe possibly) Soon (TM).