[Suggestion] Prone position for infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, Jun 12, 2015.

1. prodo123

[IMG]
    Prone position is a fancy term for lying face down when firing the gun. It's the most comfortable, stable position to fire a gun with.

It would work like Lockdown in that it takes time to get into and out of the position, and once in place you cannot move. The position decreases recoil by a certain percentage depending on gun type (e.g. 20% for LMGs, 0% for bolt-actions), while increasing vulnerability to small arms fire on the back by 20%. Angle of view should be limited to the front only, like the MANA turrets.

It should take the ability slot for all non-MAX classes. This means HAs lose their overshield for this ability.
    • Up x 1
  2. Devilllike

Dont waste ur breath i suggested that LONG LONG LONG time ago but it never happened
    • Up x 1
  3. Pelojian

lol it'd be just as useful as MAX lockdown and only useful for long range sniping and you know negating one of the weaknesses of long range sniping that infiltrators can only counter by cloaking between shots.

also much rage when crushed by a tank while prone, no chance for squishies to dodge.
  4. AlterEgo

Meh. Prone in this game would be very strange, since:
    1. Auraxians do not know how to lie down, expect upon death.
    2. It's been three years since this game's been out. I'm not sure introducing prone right now would be a sensible thing to do; if anything, it'd be kind of weird.
    • Up x 1
  5. prodo123

Unlike Lockdown this would decrease the target area of the character model to practically only the head and shoulders. Medium range combat should be its forte, and could give Infiltrators a bigger role in killing behind enemy lines.
  6. Iridar51

No, this game doesn't need more camping. If you need safety in a long range fight, lobby for deployable cover.
    • Up x 1
  7. Crator

Not going to happen unfortunately as you can see by the controversial opinions of it already. I would love it though.