[Suggestion] Prone. Infantry Prone.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FakeBritishGuy, Jun 19, 2014.

1. FakeBritishGuy

I would love to see some sort of implementation of a prone/laying flat for infantry. I imagine it would bring a new dimension both offensive and defensive actions and dramatically expand game potential.

Mind you, there's pro's and con's to everything and it's very, very easy to get hung up on negatives...so, hypothetically, let's presume we're gonna implement this eh?

How would you guys like this implemented?
    What other games do y'all play that have a decent prone implementation?
    What kinda advantages and limitations make it good?
  2. WarmasterRaptor

This was suggested many times before and I think that the current maps and gameplay doesn't really allow something like that now.

I don't say it's a bad idea, just that it might not be as useful in Ps2 that it could be, for now.
  3. FakeBritishGuy

You don't need to worry about the maps I think, players will adapt the new functionality and gameplay will organically change to accommodate whatever implementation is arrived at...for better or for worse.

If you need examples current gameplay wise, I'm already imagining, say, a foot zerg that's approaching a slow rising hill or something (anything) on Amerish....laying prone for longer, more accurate medium range bursts and a minimized target silhouette. Another is stacking on corners, one guy prone, one crouching, one standing, to hold a territory or to have an offensive base of fire to leap frog forward.

Personally, I loved the prone implemented in the Original Ghost Recon way back when. Restrict camera FOV unless you're moving (which is obviously slowed). Decent weapon control/recoil improvements and zoom stabilization. Horrifically impaired 'hip fire' accuracy. And most importantly, *NO CLIPPING ISSUES* with prone players/the map.
  4. TheMish

I don't think so, I mean consider how the continents are made. There's hundreds of little rocks, and some places in hills where if you went prone, you could be considerably safe and effective.

The accuracy in weapons in this game made it hard to crouch and stay safe, so prone would help a lot in those med to long range fights I think.