"...problem getting the list of files for download."

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Noooooch, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Noooooch

[IMG]

Never seen this one before, guess I'll just wait and report back.
  2. Noooooch

3. Noooooch

I am also unable to ping or tracert 64.37.169.11.

This started happening when my internet dropped connection. It does often but I've never received these errors before. Since my most recent internet drop i have un/reinstalled, changed modems/routers.

Could my ip have been blocked/banned?
  4. Noooooch

I am still unable to ping 64.37.169.11. The requests time out.

The game was playable after an update, but soon failed and the following error messages are displayed: "UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception: Unknown protocol in response: Date: (64.37.169.11)."
  5. Noooooch

I have found a solution to play the game. I have deleted the folder named "Sony Online Entertainment" found in "C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow" and launched the game, and it plays.

However, once I exit the game I have to delete the same folder and relaunch again.

Still can not ping 64.37.169.11.
  6. Noooooch

I am now having to update the game with a recent patch (done this like 5 times already), 9,676mb, only to have Steam tell me there is a disk read error.
  7. devolis

I'm also having this issue and was unable to resolve it.
  8. Noooooch

I have been able to play all week by deleting the folder "Sony Entertainment Online" before launching Planetside 2. Today, there was an update.

Since my most recent log in, my character didn't seem to fully load; no loadouts, no player model rendered in menu, and was unable to spawn. I logged into another character and it had the same symptoms, except I could spawn.

Now, when I launch the game, after deleting the "SOE" folder, the launcher hard crashes. When I launch the game normally, I get the same error message from my second post: "UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception: Unknown protocol in response: Date: (64.37.169.11)."

My local friends in the region all have the same, exact problem. This same problem has also affected other SOE/DBG games like H1Z1, Everquest, etc, over the past few years, with absolutely NO RESPONSE from the developers.

Could this be a regional ip address problem with the launcher? Looking for some help...
  9. devolis

Restarted my computer after a complete wipe of the game, I was able only to play when and if the download actually worked. After another restart, it's back to this error again. Whats going on? Daybreak please replay, were paying customers.
  10. 9VoltChiken

I deleted all files & folders related to Planetside2 in: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment\Digests

A note about checking if this is the cause:
    Check Planetside 2 main directory for a file called .DownloadError. scroll to the end of that file if there it says some smeg about "BadDigestSig"

eg. ,

Thu Feb 22 22:32:04 3102: BadDigestSig - HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Moved Permanently (301 - 198.105.244.69) -
    http://manifest.patch.station.sony....ivecommon/live/planetside2-livecommon.sha.soe Now, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga has come. ... Do not wander lost in doubt and delusion :eek::confused:o_O

Or something of that sort, then the above is the solution to correcting this problem. Some people may also need to delete their PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\LaunchPad.Cache folder too and then you'll have to put in your username and pass again on launch.
    Hope this helps.
  11. Amenbrick

Neither worked for me and changing the host just stopped the game from launching altogether.

Been a couple of years since I played. All this reminds me of all the effing about you had to do to get the thing to just... work.
  12. iordanes

I filed a ticket this worked for me

Ray C. (Daybreak Games)
    Sep 26, 3:23 PM PDT

I'd like you to delete some of the files associated with the Launchpad cache.

1. Go to your game's folder and find the file "Launchpad-user.ini" and delete it.
    2. Then, open the launchpad.libs folder, then delete the folder named launchpad.cache.
    3. Then, go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow and delete the entire "Daybreak Game Company" and "Sony Online Entertainment" folders. (These folders are flagged as "Hidden" - you will need to enable the "View Hidden Files and Folders" option in the Folder Options menu of your Windows Explorer)

After that, try accessing the game once again