Priorities [Fixed]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Ned

Why were implants high on the roadmap despite having almost no votes or interest you ask?

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  2. GhostAvatar

Funny thing is, if they chased the customer (gave us what we need) as much as they chased the money. Then the player base would be so much larger and the money would roll in.
    • Up x 7
  3. Phyr

[IMG]
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    • Up x 3
  4. Whatupwidat

Wait - you're saying that a games company is trying to make MONEY!?

STOP THE ******* BUS! :rolleyes:
  5. Ned

I live to serve.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

It's captain hindsight.
    • Up x 3
  7. Phyr

Whatever, Corporal Correction.
    • Up x 3
  8. MajiinBuu

Why were they high on the roadmap?
    Clearly the threads are sorted by score and in descending order :rolleyes:
  9. Paragon Exile

Different people work on different things, it's not like SOE suddenly went to their environment artists and said "LOL you guize need to make implants!1", thus beginning the age of silicon bewbs. They have different people doing different things, it's not a unified effort.
  10. NinjaTurtle

The funny thing is this is so true.
  11. Beeman

Yeah, this isn't exactly SOE diving on any little opportunity to make money. I mean, it'd be nice if they had more folks workin' on additional content(empire specific junk especially) or gameplay elements that add more depth to the game(resource revamp, continent locking, outfit junk, etc...) rather than adding this odd layer to character customization...but I'm not really complaining about it.

Besides, SOE knows that the more people they have playing, the more money they're going to make. To get more players in-game on a regular basis, they undoubtedly realize that they've just got to make the game more appealing and/or gratifying to play. Implants are one way of doing that...and it's probably easier to implement than continent locking or any of that other junk they've had on the roadmap for the past eight months or however long it's been.
  12. Iridar51

[IMG]
    I mean, who will even buy this stuff? It's so random it feels like money to the wind.
    If I could buy one implant I need for SC, or wait till it randomly drops for me, I would consider buying the implant instead of waiting.
    But if I have to choose between RNG if I spend money, and RNG if I don't spend money, why would I spend money?
    • Up x 2