Preview Function (Camo, Decal, Gear...)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by FlippyWarbear, Apr 10, 2013.

1. FlippyWarbear

There's a brand new feature which allows players to preview pretty much everything (still not 100% complete with all items) in the store and via class selection menus.

This feature lets us to preview camos, gear, decals... even weapons in our hands! This is simply amazing! For example when you preview a camo, you can check it out how it looks on any player class or vehicle (of your faction of course). I spent a good 45 minutes just browsing through things. Big thumbs up for this feature, I really like it. Now if we only had more loadout slots. ;)

Secondly, this feature is not only tied into the Depot, but you can also preview purchasable guns and camos for them via the class menu. Select a class, a weapon and then you see what other options you can have for your class as you can see locked weapons in the weapon selection screen. This however is something I feel that should be improved with a very simple tickbox function. You should be able to filter out unlocked and locked weapons because I personally feel like this might be a bit of a mess if the menu includes EVERYTHING at all times. For example if you want to change your helmet and you go to your helmet menu, you have every single helmet available for that specific class, altho those that you have not purchased has the "Unlock" button on them. Personally I think there should be an option wether you want to see buyable items in your class menu or not. I like my menu's as clean as possible and I dont like it that I am constantly reminded of things that I *could* buy, I do go into the Depot to buy whatever I want to, whenever I want to. :)

Another nice addition is that now you can directly jump into camo page of your weapons, so changing camos has become a bit more convinient.

How do You feel about this feature?
    • Up x 4
  2. AxisO7

Absolutely love it. It's something I've been asking for for quite some time, and I just spent about an hour checking out everything. Just that one little addition has now given me the confidence to go buy the camo's and decal's that I want without them actually looking like crap when actually equipped. As soon as I get into the main game in an hour or so, there are 13 things I am now going to buy. Hope that as soon as they've bug-tested it for a little while it'll be included into the proper game so everybody can use it.

Speaking of bugs, there was one little one I did find. Many of the vehicle decals that are marked as 'New' are only able to be viewed on one or two of the vehicles. And the buttons to change to those vehicles are spread out almost randomly at the bottom of the screen rather than being in the bottom right corner.
  3. cfnz

In terms of being able to see what the camo looks like on you character, vehicle or weapon it's quite useful. I'd like to be able to rotate a little in the vertical axis for vehicles. What I'd like most though would be some way to see what the camo looks like in the environment. Without a third person view as infantry or a friend to take screen shots this is more complicated, I guess a crude option would be changable backgrounds.
  4. Zinus

Really, when i tried to preview camo it opened an empty screen :(.

Maybe my client bugged out or whatever.
  5. ShadowAquilaX

Indeed, this feature is great. It was a little confusing, and we might hear some QQ about it being too confusing later. Overall it's gona be really useful and it works well.
  6. J.C Simonetti

Its too confusing? o_O
  7. ShadowAquilaX

Not for me at least. But I know some people who couldn't find their own foot if they shot it, let alone make out heads or tails in a video game interface.
  8. MarthKoopa

It's a little broken. It pops up a redundant window... when there's a perfectly valid preview model behind it already. It's annoying to preview things quickly because you constantly have to close the popup window that blocks everything.

No idea why they would pop up a window with a preview model when the preview model already exists on the page?