Presenting and interpreting data sets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mrasap, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hosp

Higby(and crew) is doing his job as he should be. If you feel he shouldn't post data at all you are asking him to communicate with the community less. If he communicates with the community less guess what happens? People complain that the dev's aren't communicating with the community.

Catch-22 at its best.
  2. Xandax

No matter how much data is presented people will always argue whether it's complete, relevant, valid,alternate reasons.

Just the fact that they actually released such data to begin with surprised me as I never expected it.
    The ongoing and ensuring ...... "debate" (lets call it that to be neutral about it), was however as expected as something very expected happening as expected.
    Heck - people still argue about the moon-landing which just goes to show when it's something you strongly do not want to believe in, facts are not enough.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zotamedu

What I'm trying to point out is that there's no problem with the data itself which a lot of people have a hard time grasping. The data is just data and if people would bother reading instead of just looking at the pretty colours we wouldn't have this mess. So maybe it was a mistake to post the data but if he hadn't, the same stupid people would still scream just as much because the lack of data. No matter what SOE does, the same people will still scream and cry.
  4. Loegi

I'd rather have some data, than none at all. He even clearly stated that they didn't judge solely on the K/D statistics.