Preferred Stalker Weapon-TR ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Targanwolf, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Targanwolf

I like to do the usual stalker things and also assisting capping objectives. I will either join others or be first in a room taking a point.....then holding it.
    The question is...the holding part. I haven't found a weapon capable of fighting an enemy entering a room ready to fight me when I just have a pistol.
    Yes I use mines and that helps a lot but when the lead starts flying...I'm out gunned...a lot.

Should I just forget about trying to hold objectives...or are there weapons and tactics You can suggest to make my fights more successful ?

(I've looked at the emissary.....TTK is just far far to long)

Should I give up on stalker give my capping points as a stalker.... and just go 'hunter" with a PDW or MKV ?
  2. Eternaloptimist

I find that moving some way back from the point. and then following the enemy in when he comes to recap it is the best way. I've lurked outside a doorway and watched them run past me. Then walked in and shot them in the back while they are spraying the corners of the room, where they expect me to be hiding.

No doubt about it though. Any ES pistol is at a disadvantage against an auto weapon and the Emissary is too slow/weak to compete. But if you can shoot accurately the Commissioner is pretty close to a shotgun in terms of the damage it does at close range. With reflex sight and laser you might edge your chances up a bit more as well.

Sadly I'm a crap shot at moving targets so I stick to the burst pistols. And up real close there is nothing I've found to beat the Repeater (although I must get around to trying the new two burst Inquisitor).

Of course, the other tactic I've used with some success is not to defend - let them recap it and then naff off afterwards (which they often do) then creep back in and re-recap it - gets the xp points again and is intensely annoying to them (so, double win)
  3. CuteBeaver

This is a challenge but its possible depending on how many enemies your facing, how many escape routes you have (building type maters a lot actually) and how comfortable you are with the weapon your using. I really don't want to say "just crossbow things". If your absolutely amazing / in love with a pistol keep using it because you have a better chance of killing someone with a primary when you really "know" your secondary. However there is something to be said high alpha damage weapons. Paired with a knife, and EMP or a Mine Trap it makes the higher alpha damage weapons disgustingly lethal (especially the crossbow **biased**).

Step #1 PLACE TRAPS

If your holding a point alone.... The first step is to set up your mines. Also your motion spotter in a place that allows you to open or counter. I like to use both, because after countless tries at doing this I have discovered your never going to get a chance to "set up" once enemies start arriving. The best case scenario - you hold out long enough for your forces to move up. So you may as well just put your mines down at the start because this could give you some kills or at least weaken the first responders allowing you to stay on the capture point longer.

Step #2) PLANNING:

While your waiting, pick several hiding spots. You can't keep using the same place have a couple in mind. Consider what direction people look when they first enter the room, or behavior they take when searching for normal players. Key point here is taking advantage very very quickly. When they slowdown to ADS walking past you to check that doorway leading to the other room. Pounce! Don't wait this is a numbers game so start dropping bodies as fast as possible. Plan your escape routes because you need to bail at some point, either when they flood the capture point, or when darklights come out.

Step #3) THE FUN PART

Depending on how you set this up ,there could be stabbing involved, a mine going off. Consider the benefits of EMP and Bando for dealing with large groups of multiple enemies. Via the Mini Map you know where they are going to be, so throw nades as they enter doorways and pop them with a crossbow bolt for a single hit kill. If you throw beyond the door, on the floor, ceiling, or wall the splash will directly envelope them allowing you to get control. Remember your crossbow bolts become one hit kills at that point. You can dance between steps #3 and #4 until you totally lose control of the capture point.

Step #4) FAKE DEFEAT

Depending on your health, the number of enemies, and your crossbows constant need to reload :) your probably going to have to bail after the first or second enjoyable moment. Have no fear they will think they have won. This is the perfect time to throw another EMP directly at the capture point and pinch off another few kills. Since you know your exits, simply plan your way back inside to mop up the rest.

Step #5) CLEANUP THE MESS

Depending on how successful you were. (Even killing just one enemy during step #4 should be considered successful for the record) you now get to run around cleaning up enemies who are likely going to be chasing you. Take advantage of this eagerness. Slowly work your way back to the capture point one body at time. Even though the clock is ticking, pretend it isn't ticking at all. You don't have to cap the base, your just stalling so as long as the timer doesn't get back down to 0:00 your okay. Even if the timer does reach zero don't let that clock control your movements. The enemies will try and bait you too.

At that point, if your allies , or squad hasn't arrived - You have done everything you could realistically do. Your mines are gone, most likely your EMPs are gone. You have wracked up a body count and are probably injured and being hunted by enemies with darklights out looking for you at this point. You may not even have a backup spawn point if you only brought a wraith flash or ESF with ejection seat to get there. Despite your best efforts your not a one man / woman army. So keep your expectations in line with reality. You can help majorly by stalling a control node until help arrives. Even solo capping a base depending on how things go.

There is also no shame in backing off and letting them have the point back if it gives you a solid opening. Consider bringing a cloaky sundie or repair sundie back to the fight if you get pushed off point before help arrives. Also consider the potential cost and frustration to the enemy who loads up their squad thinking they saved the base, only to check the map 30-40 seconds later and see its ticking again.... since somebody kept quiet and survived just to be a thorn in their side. <3
    • Up x 2
  4. Imperialguardsman

Just use Emp shield,E nades/t4 amp/medkits/ and grenade bandolier. Just stay camped on the point and roflnadenspray any enemy you see go on the point. Let them half cap the point for additional exp points to yourself when you cap the point back. I suppose you could substitute medkits with clay mores if you still want to but I would have to deduct style points from you. Using pistols only means you gotta be able to spray headshots precisely and be able to duck in and outta cover efficiently around the point if multiple enemies are coming to eat you for dinner. Ahh and use max rank motion spotter right next to the point stick thing to see enemies obviously as well to have it serve as a deployed decoy to bait some dumb enemies attention on the spotter just long enough for you to do the roflnadenspray on em.
  5. Pinkpuff

I tend to use the AMP and the Emperor.

AMP has that ridiculous rate of fire that makes for really fast kills. I ADS because the sights are good enough and it helps keep the cone of fire in check. EMP nade and 3 head shots, done deal. Even without the EMP it kills very fast and is easier to use than the Repeater. Can reliably kill 2 people per magazine in close even with fairly poor aim if you get the jump. The ease of use and fast (for a pistol) time to kill can let you de-cloak, murder someone, and re-cloak really fast to keep moving without being seen. Has the best reload sound in the game.

Emperor has bad time to kill compared to basically every other weapon but has it's max damage range set at 15m which is amazing considering it's a 3 head shot kill weapon up to that point. Again, I ADS with it because the sights are good, and it's accuracy/power will surprise you. Throw a EMP and you're looking at 2 shots to kill, 1 to the head and 1 to the body. If you can aim this is the gun to use as it has a 21 round magazine, which really is enough to clear a good 4 people with a few head shots. Without a suppressor it has the best pistol sound of all guns.

The Inquisitor is just bad. It would be okay if not for the fact that the sights are absolute junk and the hipfire blooms pretty fast with the new 2 round burst mode. It's usable but has no advantages over other ES pistols other than capacity (which is outweighed by bad sights/hipfire bloom). It also has a bad time to kill to go along with that bad accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  6. MaKiro2

The Inquisitor is really great if you know how to use it properly.
    It has 30 rounds so it is great to spray and hipffir with it in close range.
    Also it has a decent range.
    DPS on it is about 1300 what is pretty good.
    I love this gun and think if u practice it enough u get good results.
    Also never forget to use ur knife
    • Up x 1
  7. Eternaloptimist

After reading the posts in this thread I went to VR training last night and tried out the T4 Amp..................OMG! I am getting this for my stalker just as soon as I can. I gnored it when it came out because I read a few unfavourable posts, mostly about lack of reloads or mag size I think, but that problem has either been fixed or it wasn't really a problem in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  8. Campagne

I believe the default Repeater has the highest DPS of all pistols. If you're having difficulty with it I would suggest ADSing more, to maintain accuracy and damage output. The AMP is somewhat similar, which is also quite a strong option.

The Emperor is a powerful all-rounder, which you may want to try out in the VR.

The Commissioner is very strong, second only the Repeater. If you're a confident shot, I'd be worth trialing.

The Emissary is super fun in my opinion, but I wouldn't recommend it, and I'm sure you know why. :p

Other than that, I'd say be the first to engage and there's no shame in losing to a much better equipped opponent.

AMP is super underrated. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. Sil4ntChaozz

Thanks to some advice i use standard repeater with surpressor. And lots of knife.
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

Inquisitor is currently my go-to TR stalker weapon,
    its in a nice spot between Emissary and repeater
    it won't run out of ammo nearly as fast as repeater but it kills faster than emissary

it used to warrant the criticism, since the pistol buff a few months ago it is in an OKish spot if you can use it correctly :p
  11. Diggsano

AMP, Repeater, Commissioner, Crossbow, maybe Inquisitor
  12. Campagne

Maybe, but even so it still remains unused, which in my opinion is quite a shame for how cool of a weapon it is.

Personally, I'd be more than willing to trade it for the Magscatter. :p
  13. Liewec123

i dunno, i play with both AMP (sometimes) and mag-scatter (regularly) on infil and they are both very niche/trollish weapons :p
    they're quite decent, but only at ranges where you might aswell use your knife :p
    of the 2 i prefer mag-scatter though :)
  14. Pinkpuff

It's just bad. People think simply because they can get a kill with a weapon that it's good. This one isn't, every other pistol available is better. And I certainly don't recommend spraying hipfire with a gun that has such bad DPS and crap bloom. If you're close enough to hipfire then you're close enough to use a much better weapon. Then, because the sights are so bad, even the Repeater/AMP are better ADS from 20m. The bad sights are what keep the Rebel from being pure amazing as well.

The Underboss is actually the quickest to kill followed by the Repeater and AMP.
  15. Campagne

I can't see why. :p

Maybe it's just because I wish my Emissary wasn't so weak, but I'd definitely take the AMP.
  16. Eternaloptimist

You shoot pistols from 20m? Damn! 5 to 10 is my preference. At those ranges I don't have a problem with ADS obscuring the view.

And sometimes the only way I could miss would be if the guy fell towards me and knocked the gun out of my hand. Mind you, I only go pistoleering if I'm stalking so I get plenty of time to select and then creep up on a target.

ON other classes reverting to pistol on running out of ammo on my primary is a defintie panic situation that calls for spray and pray spamming on my part.

I prefer the ES pistols for both situations - especially the burst pistols - as a sudden unexpected move on the target's part can throw off my aim and the slower RoF on a follow up shot with a revolver can mean a fail.

Mind you, the AMP is calling out to me.................
  17. Dualice

For TR sidearms the AMP feels like the best stalker option in my experience. Repeater is also very respectable; not tried the new Inquisitor but looks like it could be promising. The Emperor is really nice for general play, can't say I've ever tried stalking with it but no reason it couldn't work!

However, and this is probably the only time I would advocate an NS weapon over an ES one, the crossbow is pretty much made for stalker play. In fact I think it's the only time I ever use it, but by 'eck does it suit the playstyle nicely.

Not really much I can add besides what's already written (CuteBeaver is, I think it's fair to say, the resident authority on these matters), besides get in the habit of knifing :) It's a great finisher when you're up-close-and-personal.
  18. JobiWan

The Blackhand hasn't had much love in this thread. Sure, it's meant for longer ranges but with a bit of practice and a laser sight it's good up close and personal too. Two headshots will kill pretty much any infantry except a heavy with resist shield already up.
  19. Targanwolf

Having read what CUTE BEAVER has said here, and other places, I''m going to give the crossbow a try. I currently play a demolition engineer and a demolition/ambusher stalker infiltrator....depending on conditions.
    I'm going to give the crossbow on my stalker/infiltrator a go, and turn the overt aggression meter up just a bit :).
  20. Partl

The inquisitor all day long - its not like they told u, but it has 2x burst, and almost no recoil.... its awsome. And ofc the crossbow, if u got a good aim/fps/connection