PPA vs Vanguard AP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chrisragnar, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Chrisragnar

I get the gist that the VS PPA is not okey due to its effectiveness against infantry.
    But at the same time i hear that the vanguard AP with sheild is perfectly fine in tank duels, even tho its pretty ******* clear that no tank stand a chance in a brawl against a decent AP vanguard with sheild.

So whats the deal with this? Its ok for the vanguard do dominate tank brawling, but its not ok for magrider to excell at killing infantry. Makes no sens to me that people seems to reason like this. Is it all about "nerfing" the amount of kills for players? (guessing a vanguard winning all tank-brawls gets XP but not alot of kills.)

Whats your reasoning? Is it a case of PPA is a no no, but vanguard AP shield is go go. And why?
    • Up x 2
  2. Flag

It's a case of people being so used to their own ESAI weapons being so piss poor that they believe that the one that's actually doing what it should is OP.

It isn't, but people have a hard time seeing the difference between something doing it's job and something being OP (not limited to the PPA).
    • Up x 15
  3. Alarox

I would like to preface this post by saying that the PPA is fine and the Canister + Marauder need improvement.

-------------------

Anchored AP Prowler + Halberd barely loses to a shielded AP Vanguard. Meaning, it comes down to the situation. Is the Anchored Prowler on the side of the Vanguard? Who jumped who? Who has their reload speeds maxed? Etc.

Magrider FPC + Saron, you will lose head on. You're also supposed to. If you flank and get the jump, 2/2 Magrider ought to win if played correctly.
    • Up x 11
  4. XXBLACKATTACKXX

Dont rush a vanguard
    problem solved

use your tank to its advantages and you will be successful.

PPA is miles above the other ESAI weapons.
    Vanguard AP is fine and balanced between magrider and prowler.
    • Up x 1
  5. stalkish

Do you realise that a Van AP against a Prowler AP will loose if they both 1/2 (or your gunner has run out of rounds like mine did yesterday :() ? I even got the first shot in.
  6. Strikejk

No.
    Edit to clarify: Technically a BR1 Prowler wins against a BR1 Vanguard (14s TTK vs 16s TTK) but with the firstshot advantage you should have won. Oh and that shield thingy you can cert will help you alot.

Back to Topic: Yes the PPA is to good in it's current state. You rarely see any scythe/mag without it, guess why? Killfarm ftw!
    Suggestions to nerf (without making it useless)

Damage? Ok
    Accuracy? Ok
    Rate of Fire? Ok
    AOE damage? Kinda Ok, a really slight decrease wouldn't be that bad.
    Range? Nerf, Pin-point accuracy at that absurd range is overkill.
    Magazin size and ammo: Nerf. Serious question to Vanus: Did you ever run out of ammo?
  7. Plunutsud pls

People are hating on the PPA because they want the VS to get nerfed even further.

All our best weapons and abilities have been nerfed.

PPA is our last line of defence...
    • Up x 2
  8. stalkish

I have maxd shield and maxd reload speed on my AP cannon, i assume am pretty much 100% sure so to does the prowler that killed me (anchor not shild obviously).
    Your argueing against facts, the DPS of the prowler is immense and will break the shield and destroy my tank b4 i can kill it unless i have a gunner. This is why van drivers are confused, SOE says 'its a close range brawler tank, youve got a shield' but then nerfs it to where a prowler will beat us in cqc if the driver is fully certed. At the same time giving the prowler hands down the best ability to kill tanks at range. o_O
    I realise this is off topic but your basing your thread off of inaccurate info, just thought id point it out.
  9. Strikejk

A pre-anchored Prowler can hardly "jump" a vanguard. Also if you drive into a deployed Prowler fire, you obviously can drive out again (don't tell everybody but the prowler can't move to follow you!)
    That the prowler sucks in tank battles in no secret, it's only good to farm infantry with HE shells or long distance annoy you.
  10. Strikejk

Nowhere in existence can a Prowler win against a max. certed AP vanguard. You got damaged by someone else or seriously ****** up, sorry mate. :)
    And that is a fact. You should read up the TTK of Tanks.
  11. Nody

Did you know a 2/2 AP Magrider would lose as well to the same Prowler shooting the Prowler in the back while the Prowler was shooting the Mag in the front armor (not anchored down)?
  12. Strikejk

your trolling is way to obvious to be fun. I guess this thread will be closed soon. (tm)
  13. stalkish

Yeap, yeap i did.
    The funny thing is the TR still have the gall to whine about the prowler o_O.
  14. stalkish

Nope, ask lazy if you dont believe me, he was the one shooting me.
    The only explanation that would give you credibility is if one of my shots didnt reg, but i didnt notice that. O and id just finished repping to full, he was shooting some other NC and didnt see me until i shot him.
    Im not making this up, infact the death will probs still be on my death list since it happened about 13 hours ago (EDIT: its 8 on my list).
  15. Sebastien

If the Prowler is a scrub and shoots the Vanguard as soon as he sees it.
    The guy in the Prowler should be waiting until the Vanguard comes far enough out that there's nothing for him to retreat behind in time.
  16. Jetlag

I know right,
    that statement sounds so ridiculous it must be a troll...
    right?
    Oh wait...:confused:
  17. Strikejk

Dude, a prowler cannot win against a full certed AP vanguard (in a straight shootout). That is a fact, believe it or not. I don't care what happened to you or your buddy in the game with millions of possibilities you may don't even noticed. (Not rendered shots from libs, AV Mana turrets, C4, mines, other tank shots, some friendly damaging you, ESF's etc etc.)

And since I hate saying the same over and over again this will be my last post on this topic. Have fun
  18. Flag

You should use the PPA some more.
    It's accuracy is OK, but not great. And nothing that can be called pin-point accurate.
    Because it has a baseline CoF that won't ever go away, and because of it's modest velocity it's not accurate once there's some distance between it and the target.
    This also means that there are times where doing damage with it is hard at best, such as trying to deal with infantry on a ridge.
    In that situation a Kobalt is better.

A fully certed prowler can, if you get to be the guy initiating the battle.
    And if it was so impossible for a prowler, how can I beat vanguards in a magrider, which has inferior damage output?
    • Up x 2
  19. Ztiller

Unfortunately that is not even the case. I saw a video awhile back, i'll see if i can find it, of a 1/2 vanguard just barely losing to a 2/2 magrider who magburner in and attacked his rear armor.

So even if a 2/2 magrider attacks a 1/2 Vanguards rear armor, the outcome is very close.
  20. minhalexus

I would be fairly happy, if they toned down Vanguard AP and the Magrider PPA.

PPA is so valuable, that Magrider drivers often do not let me gun their PPA, rather they go 1/2 and farm the infantry themselves.