[Guide] Potentially new Medic-Flash META!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GameBird, May 23, 2017.

1. GameBird

Hey! So among all the negativity, here's something on a hopefully more positive note... ;)

So I recently got the idea to combine the Medic passive Triage with Flash Scout Radar.
    It has lots of synergies:
    you heal nearby players and scout practically the whole base for your faction (100m radius at max rank)!
    Likely most important of all: it also heals MAXes!
    Hopefully this isn't a bug... If it is, please don't fix, but keep it in as a feature XD

Then there's the question of what to put in the defence slot and the weapon.
    I feel Nanite auto-repair can be good for maintaining health from sporadic damage, but stealth might weigh heavy IF the flash auto-detects on the minimap also for infantry.
    For weapon, since it's close-quarters, the shotgun, but then again the Kobalt can be a very solid anti-infantry wep having range and being capable of extremely prolonged (suppressive) fire with extended mag.
    Scrapper chassis for maximum maneuverability, since you will mostly be in-doors.

Problems:
    Medic will be a quite stationary target, easily hit and killed.
    Rocket heavy's will one-shot the flash on hit.
    Limited field of fire.
    Clunky maneuverability.
    Need to get to a useful position inside the base, strarting at a vehicle pad, can be tricky.

Further, what would then be a good complementary Medic load-out? I'm thinking:
    Flak armor can remove rocket one-shotting.
    Shield-regen bubble can synergize even further because you can place and forget it (and get back on the flash), this way offering the COMPLETE healing-suite (heal+shield+MAX-rep).
    For implants, Regen + Ammoprinter. Regen will (in parallel with nano-rep for the flash) keep the Medic's health up between sporadic damage taken and the printer will keep the Flash ammo up.

As a final note, I don't think it will work to sit in the secondary seat (to be able to shoot 360°), because the radar probably only works when "the engine is running".

(For those who don't know what Triage is: in the Medic load-out screen click "Medic certs", then "Passive systems".)

What are your thoughts and comments? :)
  2. Problem Officer

There's often someone doing it at long-run battles, pretty handy as it's a reliable spot to run back to for a guaranteed heal.
    Doesn't take up any deploy space unlike sundies, you can park next to another at no loss.
    Try getting one inside the spawnroom of a ground-level base that has an SCU, while the shield is down like right after it's capped.
  3. Sazukata

I've seen a TR do this often, very helpful. WinterMedic was their name. (inb4 that's you)

I think stealth would serve better than auto-regen, as this setup is best used around lots of allies, so there would probably be a passing engineer to top you off. And if you can't hide from enemies... Meh, I can only see composite armor being useful if it made a rocket survivable.
  4. Pat22

I've thought about this years ago, I did it first, you're not cool!

On a serious note, use it for point holds, put a fury on the flash and angle yourself to suppress a doorway indirectly, like a Lasher, providing constant heals and recon for all in the room while also locking down a door.
  5. GameBird

:O
    Never ever seen this even once throughout my 3 years on Woodman, now Miller
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarII

I'd think a good loadout for the medic would be:
    The shield bubble
    Nanoweave armour (flak would be good but the Flash is still susceptible to OHK by a rocket)
    Revive grenade
    C4 (because there's no reason not to)
    and for implants regen would be useless because triage works for yourself so something like focus target for the enhanced targeting effect and ammo printer would be good.

I do this occasionally but never really set up to do so. It's more of a spur of the moment sort of thing for me.
  7. Metalsheep

I've tried this set up before and honestly haven't had much luck. Even with Triage, Flak and Nanite Auto-Repair, you often die extremely rapidly off the back of the flash. The Flash itself provides no real protection and your face/head is always towards whatever direction you are travelling.

As neat as the idea seems on paper, a Wraith Flash with Regen implant is just better to avoid instant death. Triage is too weak to keep you alive while actively taking fire.

Now, for a similar support vehicle, I moved over to the ANT. Certed it a Kobalt, Nanite Auto-Repair, and the ANTs Scout Radar. I find it works better for a similar role. The added benefit being the ANT does not leave the pilot exposed, and it is immune to small arms fire and can handle hitting a Tank Mine or a wayward C4 brick. Allowing you to use Triage to travel close to infantry and support them with the Kobalt and the hard barrier your ANT provides while simultaneously healing everyone nearby. Just have to seat hop to the gunner seat. Alternatively you can cert the Basilisk to provide more all-round fire support.

Unfortunately, Triage in general is just not very effective, even at high ranks it does not heal anyone very quickly. Its just faster to die and be revived at 100% or have a medic use his AoE heal.

The only thing the Flash can do that the ANT cannot, is sit inside some buildings. And inside your maneuverability is so hampered you get vaporized off the back of the flash pretty easily with the flashes limited turret angle.
  8. Pikachu

I've been doing this for 2 years.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pelojian

the only advantage to using a flash for scouting is it's size, which is why since they added the ANT it's the only vehicle i use for scout radar to assist allies.

i'd rather the ability to take a few tank mines, be immune to small arms fire and not have my head vulnerable over the ability to drive through doorways.
  10. Liewec123

i've dabbled with this in the past, its quite nice on double xp weekends when there is a chokepoint,
    plonk down shield bubble and simply sit next to your clump of infantry,
    you get shield recharge xp, scout xp and heal xp, and also the odd kill or two :)

something that might be nice in the future, the new Carapace implant which turns your shield bar into a second health bar,
    there aren't too many uses for it but i think it could mesh nicely with triage.
    • Up x 1
  11. Pelojian

it would mesh nicely with medkits, pop around a corner, use it then you are full health and 'shields' then gun down the next guy to come after you and would make the nano regen device more powerful in choke points.
  12. Liewec123

you could sit on the back of your flash covering the choke point and have the benefit of nano regen and triage, combined they would give you 100hp per sec :D
  13. Daigons

This is a really old loadout. Personally I sometimes use this loadout and park myself at the bottom of a BioLab fight while I eat dinner. Here is video of this that was put out back in 02/03/2015.