[Suggestion] post your easy fix for the t2 striker

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by xMaxdamage, Apr 27, 2015.

1. xMaxdamage

the t2 striker is bad for a lot of reasons, we need to fix it by coming to a decent solution, not too hard to implement if possible :V

we should ask ourselves what is the purpose of this weapon, lancer is good for range, phoenix is someway good for hitting out-of-LoS objects. what niche should the striker fill?
    my suggestion is simple, keep the striker as it was before the coyote madness, and make it able to reload while ADSing, so you can keep your sight on the target but you don't waste all that time and cripple your dps.

or just make it fire and forget.

these were suggestions from the community back in the days before everyone pmuch dropped this weapon after the coyote change.

what do you think?
  2. DCWarHound

Change it from lock on to wireguided.
    • Up x 1
  3. xMaxdamage

u mean laserguided like ravens? do like!
    • Up x 1
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Decrease the COF and increase the velocity.
    • Up x 3
  5. Korsakov

3 round burst? That'd be interesting
    • Up x 2
  6. RedArmy

make it auto-lock on anything vehicle or aircraft if its close enough - maby maxes too.
  7. TerminalT6

Make it full auto, increase ROF to ~550, tighten COF a little bit (it's currently horrendous by any standard), and maybe nerf the damage a slight bit.
  8. Scr1nRusher

Increase the velocity from 180 to 200.

Thats all it needs.
  9. qiray12

Increase muzzle, half mag, double damage.

More it hurts if you missed but it can wrek esfs in a small amount of time if used well.

But again the striker is decent but its not a must have or a fun tool like the nc and vs esrl's are.
  10. EarlofSunderer

Having it lock onto vehicles/MAX as well & have a much tighter COF, would make it worth being the TR ES launcher.
    Make it accurate at full auto, and compensate by decreasing damage or reload time etc

Lockon wouldn't let it go past a hill and zip horizontally straight into a hidden tank, give it a gradual turn so enemy armor can hide from it but won't be able to dodge when in the open.

Increase rate of fire greatly, reducing the time you have to stay out in the open.
    Compensate with Either longer reload or lower damage & greater ammo pool to leave it with the same dps as it does now, spread out over more shots.

New Striker:
    *Locks onto ESF/MAX/Vehicles (like it currently does with ESF), longer ranged lockon and a gradual turn like the phoenix.
    *Greater rate of fire to reduce time exposed, increase ammo pool and lower damage per shot to leave dps unchanged.
    *Accurate at full auto, no need to burst fire. Like you don't need to burst fire with a lancer/Phoenix or other launcher.
    If a charged lancer shot can be accurate at range, so should all the Striker shots at a similar range. They're slower and you can see them coming.

Acts as suppression fire vs incoming ground vehicles or distant MAX sniping at your sunderer.
    Advantage over lockon launchers is you can keep sending the Striker dakka their way without the lockon time. Fire in the general direction of where tanks are coming from & the increased lockon range will take care of the rest, but won't hit things behind cover. Let it have the same effective range as the lancer vs ground vehicles.

Can be fired from behind cover sometimes. (enemy MBT is in the open, can shoot at the right angle from behind cover and get hits with lockon, but won't be able to hit anything if it's directly behind a hill or tree relative to you, due to gradual turn when locked on)

Lacks the element of surprise of the lancer or the cover-negating of Phoenix, but makes up for it by being a little like the Raven, with autolockon to get hits instead of manual guidance.

I play NC & VS so I'd be up against the Striker, not using it.
    If this change would be OP, then just increase reload time or decrease dps to compensate etc
    It'd be a lot more fun to use than the current Striker, and I think it'd be more fun to play against than g2g lockon launchers since you can see the Striker fire coming.
    • Up x 1
  11. NinjaEarnBikes

Tighten the CoF/Bloom, Improve muzzle velocity. Remove the already laughable indirect damage and maybe buff direct damage if lowering ammo pool for sustainable damage balancing purposes. Tweak vehicle/max/infantry/turret resistances accordingly.

I feel the T2 should reliably land targets out to mid range and perform similarly in niche role like Lancers and Phoenix when used in groups. Right now, Strikers aren't that useful even if a full squad pulls them. 12 ES air lock-ons/annihilators will clear a sky faster. 12 dumbfires will drop armor and infantry faster. 12 Lancers will troll armor at long range. 12 Phoenixes will deny deployed Sunders safe haven. 12 Strikers will... maybe... scare off low floating Gals/Libs and stationary close range armor?

In its current sate, it's probably the easiest launcher to farm air deterrence medals on; not much else.
  12. K2k4

20 round clip
    Remove all bullet drop.
    1.25x the fire rate.
    1.5x the velocity.
    Reduce to 100 damage per hit - ap damage.
    Cof reduction and give it recoil upwards.

Basically turn it into a rocket rifle.
    • Up x 2
  13. Dualice

Give it a timed lock-on sort of system, and once the rockets are locked and fired, not even trees, terrain or Uncle Vanu's bushy man-beard will stop them hitting their target.

Ah just kidding. Can you imagine how broken that would be if it ever happened?
  14. RDKillerITA

Why not something like this?

• Up x 2
  15. Evilmonky

Strangely enough I think this would be the most fun change they could do from the ones suggested here.
  16. TheKhopesh

3x burst (9 rounds per mag) was my idea for back when it was a lock-only launcher.
  17. strategicmaniac

It would actually be pretty interesting if the launcher had a pump action sort of design, considering the weapon is chambered that way. Compensation for a slower fire rate would be a faster projectile velocity, higher damage model (at least 2 shot kill on infantry), and a semi-lock on for air/ground vehicles. Semi-lock moves in a similar fashion to the AV turret for the Engi, but if said vehicle moves at the last moment, the rocket would miss. Semi-lockon launched missiles have a very slow projectile velocity and decreased damage in comparison to dumb-fire to compensate for its ability to effectively kill infantry, ground, and air alike.
  18. Ryo313

easy fix = something that doesn't require much programming
    faster rate of fire and muzzle velocity
    those things don't require much only editing existing stuff thats already there and i don't see a problem to tweak it a little bit and test it out...
  19. Ryo313

do devs even read that? would be nice to have an answer from them.

i tested the striker for a month now and it feels really odd. you can't hit flying ESFs Libs or even Galaxys because the rockets are way to slow and the rate of fire is also way to slow ( exposer time is 2.5 sec and you are most likely dead before you even shoot your 5th rocket) the 20m lock on feels way to small especially when you try to hit something 150m away from you.
    the funny thing to is ... its designed to take out airborn targets but its easier to just kill tanks/maxes with it ( if you aren't dead in the time you try to empty your mag).
    when trying to kill flying objects most rockets don't even hit the target because it
    a) simply moves away because the rockets are too slow to get in the 20m range
    b)kills you before you even have a chance to fire enough rockets do deal dmg ( everything under 5-6 hits doesn't deal enough dmg and they'll simply laugh at you while killing you)

i don't get it why the TR have to have the useless ESRL. NC have video guided rockets which are really good and VS chargeable insta hitting laser.
    so tell me... why TR isn't allowed to have something good? (where is the balance?)
  20. Biddion

Increase the range that it "locks" on and/ or its velocity. For me, It is very hard to hit more than 3/6 on moving esf.
    • Up x 1