Post GU13 - Infiltrators now completely invisible to low graphics users

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ih8Darian2, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ih8Darian2

Most of the games I play have cloaking somewhat transparent, but in TF2 they balance it by having them only have pistols/knives. Which is basically what's going to happen in the infiltrator update
  2. ih8Darian2

Regarding FPS, when I turned everything on ultra, my game turned into a PowerPoint slideshow :x
  3. DeadliestMoon

And PC players wonder why most people play on consoles.....
  4. Death Reaper

You win the award for the worst post of the year all years. You take my quote, edit out everything after the first sentence, and then tell me that I'm wrong because of the issue I addressed in the part of my post you removed. If you disagree with how I addressed it, then great, fine, feel free to counter my opinion. But doing what you did is just laughably terrible.

This was my entire post, as opposed to only the part you quoted;
  5. Psykmoe

Oh, I guess I'll stop asking people to stop roleplaying as if the cloak is actually hard to see when an enemy SMG infiltrator kills whole squads.

He may actually have been hard to see for some of them :eek:
    • Up x 2
  6. HadesR

Nope they won't but having a bad PC or turning down graphic settings should never give you an undue advantage .. Cloak settings should be the same across all Graphic modes .. Low settings gave an unfair advantage pre-GU13 and the cloak should never go back to how it was then.

If they can't fix it across all graphic settings then sadly running on Low should give you a disadvantage not an advantage.

And I don't have a super awesome PC either ( I run on medium ) but I'm also not trying to play the game on a toaster.
    • Up x 3
  7. Serell

Team Fortress 2
  8. HadesR

That's only with the Hunter cloak afaik .. The one that recharges when you stop moving or some thing .. So you can stay perma cloaked.
  9. ih8Darian2

As soon as they implement that (assuming they do nothing about this) I'm going to have to up my graphics, I just like as little lag as possible :(
  10. Tobax

It's probably just a bug as we've seen this before and it was fixed, it's fine for cloakers to be transparent on low settings but not completely invisible.
  11. Joram

You are not very bright right? your first sentence talked about exploiters and i said that the exploiters will just play on high settings again and will not be affected by the change, why the hell did you take my post as a personal attack? can you please show me where i'm twisting you words and attacking you?
  12. Death Reaper

You replied to my post, in which I said that this will not affect people with toasters because you can leave everything at low and set textures to medium and still see cloakers and get framerate, only to remove everything but my first sentence in your quoting of my post, and then told me that this will cause low-graphics users to suffer, even though I just got done explaining how this will not drastically affect low-graphic users.

I respect you having an opinion, and I don't take your post as a 'personal attack'; I simply cannot comprehend why on earth you would bother to only quote the first sentence of my post and act like the rest of the post wasn't there, and then say that I should consider the issue that you removed from my post when you quoted it.
  13. Joram

When did i say you should consider?

Don't bother to answer not gonna read it, this is stupid....
  14. illgot

I kill whole squads with my engineer and a single tank mine.
  15. XRIST0

No it shouldn't , why should they be completely invisible on low settings ? whats your logic behind that ..

I play on ultra settings , so it really doesn't bother me .. But if I was somebody playing on low settings and had completely invisible infiltrators running around I wouldn't be happy about it .

Its a cloak , not meant to be totally invinsible ..

I dunno what soe are supposed to do about it , should make the cloak the same on each settings .. get a better pc if yours cant handle the cloak effect :rolleyes:
  16. Rhapsody

To be honest. What you see on your screen is going to vary on the video card + drivers. They can only code the game to work well in so many ways based on the pure variety of Vid card + Driver combinations. They will NEVER get the game to work 100% well with every single option turned off. The game isnt designed to run that way. Most games are made with the idea that most people will have 'most' options turned on (which is the reason for minimum system requirements)

But, i will say that this is a step in the right direction as previously, Infltraters showed up MORE when you turned down the graphics setting, causing people to intentionally run the game at minimum settings just so they COULD see them easily.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sincore

Just to point something out, when an infiltrator is standing still (like in the screenshots) they are actually more transparent than if they were running or walking around while cloaked. To effectively demonstrate the changes done to cloak, a video would be be better to show the transparency during movement, since infiltrators aren't as transparent as these screenshots are showing.
  18. qwertyqwerty

This is real democracy:
    U can choice any video settings, but u will die at low settings always now:D
    I dont know ANY game where I can SO suck with other video settings:cool:
    I think for final show SOE MUST TO GIVE PPL IMPLANTS:eek::p
  19. Campagne

Very sad. :(
  20. ih8Darian2

My test subject hasn't been on all day, haven't been able to take a video.
    Also, I can't edit the original post anyways, so I'm not sure I should even take a video if it's not on the original post