[Possibly QQ thread] Vanu cool things plz?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pondera, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Regpuppy

I'll give you that Vanguard's are tough duelists, but I'm just going to say it's hard to balance the all-terrain ability of mags.

This, on the other hand, is false. At one point, way way way back in PS2's life. ESF's had different armor. But since then, this has been removed and all three have equal health/armor. Now it's just a myth that comes up every now and again.
  2. Frosty The Pyro

its not an outside factor, different craft have different V-thrust. The reaver gains less to its forward movent via v-thrust than the scythe does, which is kinda weird to be honest as the reaver has a gretter speed using pure hover mode v-thrust (mayhap explained because the scythe is an antigrav ship so its engines do not physicly rotate to switch to hover mode?). It should be noted my personal tests were both sans airframe and ~7 months ago. however my tests, and many others, have consitantly shown cruise speeds to be mossie>>scythe>reaver
  3. Nikushimi

Mag burner and traction was nerfed like three months after launch, what you see in that video has not been possible for almost a year.
  4. Bingabong

I notice the OP realises that the TR have so little going for them they don't even get a mention.
  5. ikillyou1990

Vanu is fine in my opinion. I have countless hours on all three factions. Currently the faction hurting the most is TR.
  6. Goden

Magrider would be more tolerable if it actually could see.

It's supposed to be a tank of high mobility which is fine....but it can't see anything. It's like driving a whale with cardboard box on your head.
  7. Wobberjockey

protip: press T when in a non combat scenario

what many people forget is that the magburner is great for getting position on other tanks.

i have great success magburning right past another tank and then spinning 180 to get a rear armor shot. if i have a top gunner for the saron, it can effectively seal the deal when they unload at point blank range, rendering the accuracy penalty moot
  8. Flag

9. innersphere1

but i have racer 3 and full magburner.. a vanguard cant go trough some places where you can go with mags and its not easy job for them , moving forward and shooting while someone is magburning away
  10. Eskara

Partially correct. The mag did get a nerf to traction, the forward + strafe thrust and also being able to use magburn on a slope too.

However, I'm the one that recorded that video... it was taken in November and I was still doing it as recently as yesterday :) Dont make a complete comment unless you have tried it and proved it so. :)