[Suggestion] Possible Vehicle/Air limitations? Buffs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wind_Walker, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

I'll keep this brief. What if we had a "pool" of vehicles available to us per base and it regenerated over time? A lot like the current Nanite regeneration rate (1 vehicle per 15 min). Combine this with an armor buff for vehicles, and we'd get less vehicle heavy zergs, but a tanky one at that. There'd be more meaning to grabbing a tank besides numbers. This could also apply to air too. Both of these. So as to keep from the swarm (mosquitoes), the reaper (scythes) or the heist (reaver's another word for robber, look it up)

Tank and Air combat have been dying lately due to multiple AV/AA options, and the armor has been need too. Why is that? Shouldn't more options to destroy them give way to more resistance values as balance? Idk, this is just a suggestion. Take from it what you will.
  2. The Rogue Wolf

One issue: Every chucklehead who grabs a tank and then rolls over every last AT mine between him and his destination (or who pulls an aircraft and then swiftly makes friends with a mountain) takes that resource away from someone who could be more effective with it. The only way I could think of to counter that is to give in to the purists and force players to cert into vehicles before they can use them, which is only going to lower the fun factor for newer players or those who aren't dedicated drivers/pilots.
  3. DarkStarII

I always though reaver was another word for raider. I guess raider and robber are sort of similar.
  4. Wind_Walker

Perhaps allowing more of the more fragile vehicles like flashes and harrassers, Lightnings and MBTS being moderately restricted, and Sundered being the most restrictive? Just throwing thoughts out there.

Yeah, I guess they are. I'm tempted to just call it 'incoming freedom' to save on imagination efforts
  5. WeRelic

Actually, an empire wide vehicle pool isn't a half bad idea, but there would definitely need to be some restrictions.

Maybe make it so that any empire pool vehicle has a very basic loadout (enough to get by, but not outclassing a vehicle that someone has actually certed into). I think there should be a small cert barrier. So basically, you have to unlock the ability to pull the vehicle from the pool for say 100 certs per vehicle type.

This way, it would still be viable to cert into your own vehicle, but it would be worth pulling from the pool until you do, as well as having a fallback when you do finally run out of nanites.

I won't touch on vehicle balance here, but suffice it to say that it's atrocious at the moment.
  6. Imp C Bravo

So much trolling to be had. Losing to another faction? I COULD log onto a level 1 or 2 and TK the crap out of everyone in the spawnroom until weapons lock --

OR

Spawn at the base and pull vehicle after vehicle after vehicle denying the team any vehicles, C4, MAXs, or mines. THEN when they are all stuck as infantry with no deployables log back onto main characters and go ham.

Yeah -- Think this idea isn't going to work...
    • Up x 1
  7. Taemien

Newp. Takes away another benefit from subbing. We already do not get our queue skipping, since there are no queues to skip. And for people who don't need exp anymore, the extra nanite gen is the only benefit we have left.