Possible Phaseshift tweaks

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wind_Walker, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Wind_Walker

Let me start off by saying, I main TR. BUT, I do remember my VS days.

The Phaseshift has been a bittersweet rifle to say the least. No bullet drop and infinite ammo made a snipers dream, but low bullet velocity and the long charge up mechanic made it nearly impossible to hit anyone who wasn't afk.

IMO, the rifle only needs 2 things to happen in order for it to fill the niche it was intended:

1) the firing modes should be split. It worked for the spiker, it should work with the phaseshift. Have semi auto mode, which should help with the trigger delay, and have charge up mode.

2) the charge up time should be decreased. Longer than the railjack delay, but shorter than what it is now. Maybe something like 2/3rd to 3/4th what it currently is. That way, the other snipers still have viability, and the Phaseshift gets purpose for its niche.

Please note that I haven't touched my VS for quite a few months now, so these suggestions are based on what I saw then. I don't 100% know the rifle's current condition. I just feel that the rail jack was the only ES sniper that turned out well for what it was. The TRAP..... eeehhh. But that's another story. What do you think?
    • Up x 1
  2. Exitus Acta Probat

If you haven't played VS in months, why post this change now?

And if you main TR, why not post about the Trap and the changes you would like to see there as you would have more up to date first hand knowledge?

Just curious...
  3. moriarrr-ceres

There are many many more items to fix before a gun nobody use. I auraxed it and will never touch it again, EVER.
  4. Wind_Walker

Yeah, I haven't thought about posting these changes because they haven't come to mind before. Also, I just made this forum account. But I remember overhearing (don't know from where) comments about it that made it seem like there were little to no changes made to it AFAIK.

As for why not the TRAP, the only thing I see happening to it would be a slight recoil decrease for 3x burst. That OR a slight dmg buff. Not really a big change.

Even though I main TR, I do want to see each faction have their armory at their best. VS is fine, NC needs range, TR needs consistency. A couple weapons in each faction could definitely use some attention. TBH, I play for fun, not for competition. So I'd like to see each weapon live up to their potential.
  5. DarkStarII

I personally like the Phase****ft. When I go sniping I prefer to bring it with me. Although I do think it needs a little tweaking, I don't think that it's urgent. Also, the delay isn't that long, half a second at most.
  6. Krinsee

I'm working on the shift right now and the only tweek I personaly can see it getting is removing the auto-discharge so you can hold the charge until your ready to release it. Or increase the duration you can hold the charge by a second or 2.
    • Up x 1
  7. DarkStarII

Just some minor editing...
  8. Ximi

Now that Infiltrators can firing while cloak,Phaseshift with charge mode will not be a problem anymore.