[Suggestion] Possible Fix for Spawn Rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by [HH]Mered4, Jul 2, 2013.

1. [HH]Mered4

The problem:
    Spawn camping is 60% of taking a small base. For large bases, the problem is less so, but they have their own issues.

A possible solution for SMALL bases and TOWER bases:

Solution 1: Location

All spawn rooms should be moved underground, as well as adding tunnels to different areas in the base.
    This will give defenders room to spread out underneath a contested base, and prevent spawn camping (to a certain degree). Tower spawns should be directly underneath the tower, with all the teleporters intact.

Solution 2: Metagame

For each tunnel exit into the base, there should be a hackable console/generator that will either block the tunnel exit or turn off the grav lifts to it. The end result should be that it will not be accessible to the defenders. There needs also to be an SCU that does two things when it is disabled: Turns off the pain field around the spawn, and lowers the spawn shields. The Shield for the SCU will turn off at 50% base capture, as it does already for large bases.

These changes will add some flavor to capturing small bases, instead of RUSH THE POINT GUYZ and CAMP THEIR SPAWN, SQUAD.

Hopefully the KDR fanatics (why they play this game I have no idea) will be encouraged to take the hint and push forward, or, when the SCU falls, to retreat and set up a defensible position.

Personally, I think it is either this or Sunderer only spawns, except for large bases.

Constructive Comments Please. I know I am asking a ton from you guys :)
    • Up x 7
  2. CrazyCanadian24

Surprised this hasn't gotten any attention. I, for one, think this could bring a lot to small base capturing, and also reminds me quite a bit of how basses worked in PS1. I don't know if you were influenced at all by PS1, but regardless, I think this is a good idea that should be implemented. Here's hoping it doesn't just get passed over again and left to rot...
  3. DorianOmega

Definitely agree spawn camping is way too much of an issue right now, especially on emerald and worst during zergs, maybe we don't need underground spawn points per say but just more spawn points on a base per design in general.

We need more spawn locations on every base in general to properly mitigate the spawn camp problem, many other shooters usually have random spawning from upwards of 5-25+ spots on a map properly accommodating the player to map size ratio based on the single instance map, Planetside 2 has a massive open world map but doesn't utilize very well at bases from the sheer lack of more spawn points.

A minimum of 3 or 4 spawn points would be better then the 1 or 2 that bases have now, something like 10 or more different access points on large maps could change the spawn camp factor by a lot, spawn points or pathing tunnels as you suggested would be a good way to go about this.
    • Up x 1