Possible blatant cash grab or what?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CloudyDaze, Dec 5, 2012.

1. CloudyDaze

I'm pretty pro Planetside 2 and SOE but the fact that there are numerous complaints about Anti-Air and SOE's response is not to make the current AA in game more effective but to introduce new AA, and I'm guessing at 1000 Certs/750 SC seems to me like a pretty quick way to make a buck. Now for me I am the type of person to be impulsive and not care about a piddly $7 and just buy whatever I like, which I will do, but I must say I will not like SOE for this. This probably means about as much as a duck fart to them but Planetside 2 may be my last stop on the SOE train. I thoroughly enjoyed SWG, Vanguard, PotBS, Planetside, and now Planetside 2. But if I feel like I am being treated like a cow instead of a dedicated customer, well then. I guess I'll just go screw myself.
  2. BadLlama

3. DeathFaith

4. Abye

Didn't read the post, but reading "possible blatant" together in the title was funny
    • Up x 1
  5. VKhaun

I disagree entirely. The money grab is good for both parties IMO. It keeps content rolling much faster, and you don't have to buy what you don't like. I'm a loser with disposable income though. I probably spend more than most are willing to and I can see how it could feel prohibitive.
  6. Sowahka

I'm excited for the new weapons but this did concern me a little as well. I'm assuming that the new weapons will be patched in alongside other things such as balance changes though.
  7. Fox234

Not a cash grab, just kinda greedy and consumer unfriendly.
  8. Jawa

Well, to be fair, it's not aircraft that need to be nerfed. It's AA that has to be buffed.
    We'll see what happens with this. I'll get it with certs anyhow
  9. CloudyDaze

Maybe I am jumping the gun, as I can do this sometimes, but I feel it would be blatant if they add items that already make existing items not worthwhile. Lets see, all the people that would buy these items have bought them, people are no longer buying them because they are ineffective, lets add a more effective item and get more people to buy it. That is what I would have a problem with and that is what I am afraid of. If they add an engineer AA turret that is as effective as burster max's or skygaurds then I have no issue, this makes the current AA still viable. But if they add some new gun to mount on a sunderer that dominates air then all the certs and sc people spent on skygaurds, burster max's, and grounders is just, wasted. I just don't want to see that happen.
  10. Imready2go

There is no such thing as FTP. You know that, right? Every supposedly FTP game is set up to maximize profits for the company running it, even if it's subtle. SOE is a business entity that exists to make money - not some free public service.

Welcome to capitalism
  11. Fox234

You know that there is a right way and a wrong way of doing F2P, right? There is a balance between making the customers feel appreciated and milking. SOE is on the side of milking right now.
  12. CloudyDaze

I completely understand about how they need to put food on their tables, and if you read any you would have seen that I am more than willing and able to spend money on a game. I will admittedly spend more money on this game because I like it, my problem will be that SOE takes advantage of people like myself and makes a break for the bank by introducing new items that will, 3 weeks into the game, make existing items useless.
  13. Assist

They announced today there would be new Anti-Vehicle(air referenced) measures introduced into the game next week. This week(tomorrow) Snipers and Carbines are being added.
    edit: Incase you're missing the point, you have a week to earn enough certs(free) to get the weapons you want to kill air.
  14. CloudyDaze

It seems you're missing the point completely.