Population: Emerald vs. Connery?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bunnysmacking, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Bunnysmacking

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of joining Planetside and I live on the west coast of the USA. I was originally going to join Connery, but a quick glance at the Connery Outfit recruitment section shows that there hasn't been hardly any discussion for months, whereas Emerald has a wealth of posts that are far more recent.

From the point of view of US players (and especially west coast players), is it worthwhile playing on Connery, or is Emerald more the default location for US Planetside players to go?
  2. LodeTria

Connery is in a death spiral.
    Just go to emerald and "enjoy" the laggy amerish.
    • Up x 2
  3. AuricStarSand

Has Connery enough pop for prime hours, for multiple 48vs48 fight regions? Yes.

Is their Connery players who expect more pop from Connery since they view Emeralds numbers? Yes.

Are both servers stuck with a locked map with equal to similar pop during afternoon or past midnight hours? Equal pop for off hours.

Does Emerald have more pop for evening prime hours? Yes.

Does Emerald lag a tad more if you're at US West? Yes. Yet since Australians play Connery, I'm sure the lag isn't anything.

If you have Wifi, just buy a wifi wall adapter from Amazon for 40$, that makes the wifi go from the router, to the wall electricity, to your pc. Without having to use the routers wifi, yet its internet from the wall outlet. You still have a router, just need to buy wall outlet gadget. Helps your wifi run.

The 2nd option is to just make a main empire char for Emerald, and make a alt empire char for Connery. Either way besides daybreak items, you're not gonna share 98% of items with your alt, so the alt has to start fresh anyways, so have a hero for both servers isn't a bad idea. Also their is a 3 hour prime time pst, so when Emerald hits 11pm and their prime time is over, then Connery is only at 8pm and still has 3 more hours of prime time.
  4. waystin2

Emerald.
    • Up x 2
  5. OSruinedPS1

Imagine going on the old Gamespy server to play some Quake1 and out of a selection of 30 servers you were locked into 5 of the servers. Quake1 multiplayer would have died in 1997.

We should be able to play on whatever server we want to play on.
    • Up x 1
  6. TripSin

Go Emerald. Don't even think twice about it. I live on the west coast and the ping difference between the two servers does not affect my performance. I just can't play on Emerald because these dick devs won't let you transfer characters. Although, I hear that because everyone is flocking there since it's the only populated server that the server can't handle it. But Connery population is god awful and these butt devs won't do anything about it.

Sure, you can get some 48v48's here and there during the very few hours of a day where the population peeps out of the trash bin a little bit, but Planetside is supposed to be about LARGE-SCALE, huge combats with 96+/96+. You DO NOT play real Planetside when you play on Connery. And if you want to play at anytime outside of those very few hours of the day - lmao forget about it unless you like capping empty bases.

Don't listen to Auric, he's ************ you. "Equal pop off hours" - LMAO I don't know why he is trying to feed you such disgusting lies. I guess in his reality numbers like 100 and 500 are equal.
  7. AuricStarSand

Maybe for afternoons. Yet last time I played past midnight, both servers had the same pop of 48vs48 locked map Oshur Connery & 48vs48 locked map Hossin Emerald.

Emerald has 500 people for afternoons? eh.

Still no harm trying both. Even so 10 year game is what it is. Emerald till the end for new players, sounds right.

Connery had 60vs60vs60 6pm yesterday for a Monday. When playing again after trying to quit & lessen every pc hobby, for a more nature style new year. So I'm assuming the weekend has 96vs96vs96 after 6pm.

So if 2 48vs48 fights per empire, so 6 48vs48 regions isn't enough for you, then ye go Emerald for 10 48vs48's. Weekend wise.
  8. Kentucky Windage

I live in the midwest. My ping is around 35 when I play on Emerald and about 70 when I play Connery. I've been playing Connery of late off peak and to be honest it hasn't been that bad. Still finding fights and having fun. Looking for a good Outfit to join but no idea who's running ops on regular basis. I think as many have said Emerald has more pop in both off peak/peak but really the ping is conducive to play both. I just find the players on Connery to be a little more welcoming. But what do I know my stats are horrible and I'm an old dude so take what I say with a grain of salt. Having fun is where it's at. Good luck OP.
  9. OgreMarkX

Connery was always behind in pop. Then RPG had, what, 3 or more months where Connery was 90% unplayable due to server performance? And communications from RPG during those months was terrible.

I play Connery btw. Prime time is good, any other time it's a one hex fight.

if Connery dies, I will not create a new toon on the remaining server. RPG needs to allow transfers at that time. I wont spend a dime trying to speed through all the weapons and aurax grinding I've already done...on an account that has been a paid account since...June 1999.