Poplico Dalton Montage - D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poplico, Jul 13, 2014.

1. chrisbeebops

Kolie is legit. #JusticeForRangloff
    • Up x 1
  2. [NNG]WillTerry

I echo rguitar's sentiments on this.
  3. PKfire

Went back to reread your posts. Between your attitude and finding the video definitive, I'm not certain you read his post correctly. Either way, I've seen QRY/Prey guys 'loosely dole out accusations', so that's not entirely truthful either. You both came in this thread with subtle, sarcastic pitchforks but as soon as the dear leader made a post with an air of objectivity and rational, you were quick to follow.

I'm not saying Pop isn't doing what you say hes doing, but wipe off your nose and actually read the posts you're agreeing with.
    • Up x 5
  4. [NNG]WillTerry

Meh. I'd ask for some proof of loose accusations from QRY, but I would rather you just PM me if you want that discussion.
  5. Brahma2

I echo pk's sentiments on this.
    • Up x 2
  6. RigelDominar

Create a separate thread if you want to flame people, that is how discussions get locked by the mods.
    • Up x 1
  7. xXkittyPurrXx

I echo Rigel XVI Dominar's sentiments. No need.
  8. Schwak

Let's remember that this is a montage lol. I've flown around Poplico a bit and he really doesn't strike me as a hacker to be honest. Sure he makes some crazy shots some times but if I was going to base my opinion off a couple of Poplicos shots then Ling would definitely be a hacker. When I use to fly Ling around he would hit range targets all the time, stuff I wasn't even trying to have him focus on. But Ling isn't a hacker and I don't think Poplico is either. Again, it's a montage, filled with all the most ridiculous/lucky/amazing shots hes made over the past week or 2 weeks or month or whatever. You guys are just sitting here nitpicking a couple of shots in a video without seeing the other side of the story.
    • Up x 1
  9. Botji

I think most of us that think these are a bit "strange" just find it very hard to belive someone actually guns a Liberator with what looks like way to high sensitivity and a personal trait of flipping around with the mouse and take a shot while doing so.

I mean it looks like every kind of aimbot out there if you do it like that.

Also a montage is the perfect way to showcase your kills without it looking all too strange, all we see is the few moments before and after the shot is made. If we had the unedited version who knows how that would look, perhaps entirely normal or we would all get motion sickness of all the jerky target twitching when they fly over infantry or other vehicles.. just sayin.
  10. TribalTatoo

You can see in several clips that his aiming switches from twitching and making relatively large movements to perfect, smooth leading immediately, comparable to what was shown in the xsnowmanx video. At this point I am only suspicious that he hacks, but based on what I've read so far there's a pretty good case against him.
  11. RigelDominar

So how long is it going to take for SOE to take some action on this non sense?
  12. Demetrios

13. nachos

yep that's a hacker. toggler confirmed.
  14. [NNG]WillTerry

This thread is strangely similar to the boggs and snowman threads. Scrubs of a feather, aimbot together.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kylerr

I really didn't want to get involved in any of this, and at first I just dismissed it as QRY babies not being able to handle getting turded on. But I see now that people are starting to take this seriously, so I'll just say that I have flown and fought Poplico on numerous occasions, and I from a pilots perspective there is absolutely nothing suspicious about how he guns. I have flown some of the best dalton gunners in the game, and when I have Poplico gunning nothing feels out of place. He misses plenty of shots on plenty of different occasions, and the fact that people are accusing him of aimbotting based off his best/lucky shots is a little bit ridiculous. To me it seems that if people try hard enough to make themselves believe something is wrong, they will only see things their way.

Don't take this the wrong way though. I'm not saying Poplico isn't aimbotting, I'm just saying how I feel people are twisting the situation. Poplico is an easy person to hate, and seeing him banned would make a lot of people happy.
  16. IcEzEbRa

I did watch the vid, and I now realize why I suck with turret weapons. I tend to be moving my reticule, continuing to lead to where I think I need it for the next shot, while reloading, and keeping target in view.
  17. [NNG]WillTerry

Im glad his outfit supports him. BWC was adamant in their support of Boggs.
    How much dalton time do you have Kylerr? Right....
    Gujana can see it clear as day because he actually guns.
  18. RigelDominar

No offense to you Kylerr, but you aren't exactly a good judge of dalton gunning if you are a career lib pilot. You have about 84 hours in a dalton. But yea you can not offer much critique as a lib pilot on this, no more than the tail gunner.

Career dalton gunners can provide more insight.
  19. nachos

i've seen plenty of hackers in my life and gunned quite a bit too, the way he snaps to target isn't natural, it is not "skill". there's a difference between being twitchy and perfectly snapping to the location where the dalton shot will hit with no readjustment whatsoever after the initial snap, that's what gives it away more than anything, not how difficult the shots are to make. a good dalton gunner can make these shots, it is not the shots themselves but the way he is making them.

how he is normally is irrelevant, as a toggler can switch their aimbot on and off at will. to me this video is proof of a toggle hack, others may disagree but to me it is plain as day.
    • Up x 1
  20. [NNG]WillTerry

Whenever a thread like this pops up I remember the patterns of other aimbot videos.
    A person posts a video or a video of them is posted by someone else.
    People comment on the suspicious nature.
    Outfits of the accused defend them.
    The snowman thread got 10 plus pages of speculation while career gunners all called it on the spot. (Banned)
    The Boggs thread and video went viral and the same thing happened, career air chavs all called it on the spot. (Banned)
    I struggle to find another example where multiple accounts all come to the conclusion of someone aimbotting in a lib, where it becomes as popular as this, and then it turned out to be false. I welcome anyone else to find me an example though.

At one point people were accusing Gujana of aimbotting because of his strange zooming habit but it never caught any traction because his target leading was natural.

Now this thread is going down the same path, multiple people (some career gunners) all calling this as aimbots on the spot, outfits coming to his defense, and other people trying to downplay the problem as though it's simply people being bad.

Let us take a walk down memory lane.
    When Poplico was in TGWW with myself, most of QRY, some of NNG, and some people from N, he was a friendly guy (that I can remember at least). No one in TGWW can ever claim that he was a good dalton gunner. No one ever really tried to get him to gun for them (outside of Grantuh). Ask anyone from TGWW about his dalton abilities back in TGWW, they will tell you the exact same answer, a reasonable guy but not a dalton gunner like this video shows.

I myself often wondered what happened to his MLG aim in this video:

Then he disappeared from Mattherson for two months or so. When he came back on his TR alt, all of sudden, he was daltoning with much much (suspiciously greater) accuracy. Not only that, but the nice person anyone could remember from TGWW was gone and replaced with some form of a pre-adolescent in a CoD forum. Constant smack talking, claims of incredible MW3 quickscoping abilities, insults, and seemingly lots of rage came from him all the time. It was quite the transformation from the mild mannered mediocre gunner nice person everyone remembered. Quite the transformation indeed.

If you are really not convinced, just watch the first 20 seconds of this video. Kind of looks like every aimbot anyone has ever seen.

What do you see? Target twitch snapping like a robot. Completely unnatural and unlike any legit gunner.