Pocket Engineer Build

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ElzitoNC, Oct 10, 2015.

1. ElzitoNC

Hello everyone,

So recently I've been getting into the engineer class and have a half decent class built up. However, I'm looking for something new to buy that will help out the class instead of just upgrading things more.

My current setup:

AF-19 MERCENARY
    -GD REFLEXR [2x]
    -FORWARD GRIP

NS-44 COMMISSIONER
    -ADV. LASER SIGHT

NANO-ARMOUR KIT LVL 4

ANTI-INFANTRY MANA TURRET

FLAK ARMOUR LVL 1

STICKY GRENADE

TANK MINES

MAG-CUTTER

I was thinking of either getting a new primary or maybe a new turret? I am sitting on 1000 certs but I'm reluctant to spend them on something that won't assist me to "re-farm" my certs. I would also use the primary for light assault if possible. Guns I have (Mercenary, Cyclone, NS7-PDW, Mauler, Magshot, rebel, qcx, commissioner)

Please help

Thanks in advance,

-Elzito
  2. _itg

The most useful thing to do with your certs is to max your ammo pack and repair tool (in that order). After all, these two things are the reason you're playing engineer, and leveling them up will directly improve your support/cert farming capabilities. You've got plenty of solid weapons already, and all the turrets are incredibly situational.
    • Up x 3
  3. DeadlyPeanutt

cert up your ammo packs and repair tool first... along with flac armor if you're hanging around maxes much... they get hit with lots of explosive spam and you take the splash damage.

I engie main, and in big battles I have my carbine/pistol out only about 1/3 of the time because i'm keeping maxes alive.... I get more certs than the HAs constantly using my ammo.

also, if you're dropping ammo packs and keeping maxes up in a large battle, you have little time for being on your turret. AI turrets can be a LOT of fun tho :) And in tank battles, a well placed AV turret that is fully certed can kill a lot of smoking sundies :)
  4. Eternaloptimist

Yeah, what the others say:
    Ammo packs
    Repair tool
    Flak Armour

Most of my certs come from Ammo packs, then Max repairs.
    Other than that, I play quite aggressive, front line engie and I've had quite a lot of kills in bases with sneakily placed AI mines (mining flank approaches and doorways). As I tend to be in places where baddies pop up from time to time I've gone for a fast firing carbine. Bandit has been pretty good but I run with the GD7F now. with foregrip and reduced aimed mouse sensitivity it can handle longer ranges as well.

I use the AV turret a lot more than the AI turret myself, for those long range tank battles I seem to come across a lot. But both turrets are sniper bait so I don't use them a lot.
  5. IroncladBomber

Ammo Pack, Rep Tool and Flak Armor are the Engineers best friends. Tank Mines are your bread and butter, and Turret is a personal preference, I run the AI turret usually to deal with groups of infantry since I run with a largely MAX Squad and they can handle AV Duties. As for Primaries, I just prefer shotguns to carbines for close range defense and let my Underboss deal with Medium range.
  6. RedArmy

Currently:
    Lynx - 2x S, Fwd grip, SPA
    NS44 - no scope, flashlight
    2x Claymores
    AV turret
    Nano5
    (tools and ammo max upgraded)
    this leaves me in a great spot for CQC and baiting people into claymores and plinking people out of their vehicles to follow me. occasionally i change to the spitfire turret based on where were at and if i need the extra incomming warning if im defending a room solo/duo
  7. cobaltlightning

Adding onto this, if you find yourself in this situation often, the Spitfire turret might be a decent option. Sure, it shoots peas, but it beeps loudly when it spots an enemy, allowing you and your teamates to know when you're getting flanked.
    • Up x 2
  8. IroncladBomber

So working with my Outfits MAX Team, this is my Current build for my Pocket Engineer.

Havoc - 1x Sight
    NS357 - Darklight
    2x C-4 ARX
    Spitfire Auto-Turret
    Flak Armor 5
    Maxed Repair Tool and Maxed Ammo Kit
    NS Autoblade for Melee

I will also run the EOD Implant when they finally add it to the PS4.

This build gives me an extremely powerful CQC build. C-4 is a great for on the fly Demolition against groups of infantry and enemy MAX. Flak 5 gives me survivibility against enemy explosives hitting my MAX. While my Spitfire (Spitz) keeps me and my MAX Covered while I work to repair him and fight off enemy engineers. The EOD Implant will help me watch for AT and Prox Mines that might kill my MAX.
  9. Dakkaface

I'd go with Bouncing Betties or a Spitfire in your position. Both of which are place and forget, allowing you to leave some defenses on a point when you suspect a Light Assault is lurking on a roof, waiting for you to leave. Spitfire is especially valuable as a pocket engy for MAXes, since it will beep and fire to warn you of incoming C4 fairies. I don't have the spitfire certed but it seems durable enough, if not particularly strong. Works well in conjunction with your fire to finish off wounded enemies though.

Betties earn back certs pretty easily - drop them on points during defenses and you will score some kills as enemies run up to the point. When you're assaulting forward, drop one on your path before you expect to round a corner into an area with enemies - they'll probably kill you, since you're an engy, and then run forward and die on your mine, netting you the kill and a vengeance bonus. They cost resources, but they're a useful little trap for defending any area.
  10. Tetele

Im panning to put adv.shield capacitor,its a bad investiment???? Btw as weapons i would like to have:

Baron as main,with x2 scope and extended magazine.

Blackhand as secondary,with a x4 scope (different from default for a infiltrator use) and laser sight.

And Spitfire turret.
  11. RedArmy

the shield capacitor is "fine" but it turns the game into Halo.
    i dont really think its worth it. id only recomend Nanoweave or Flak armor
    the ability to carry more mines n c4 is nice, but i dont use them much
    As TR u should be using the AS16 with slugs n a fwd grip over the Baron
  12. Tetele

The AS16...i assume that u talks about the Blackjack isnt it???? There are other players recommending me it.
  13. Malaka

Follow up question from a new engineer.

Sticky grenades worth the certs or not?

And also: Do turrets still hold an extra ammo pack or was that fixed long ago?
  14. SarahM

Ammo pack from turrets was fixed.

Whether to use sticky nades or not... it depends.
    Frag grenades can be bounced around corners, sticky grenades can't. Also, when you don't hit an enemy, the sticky is easier to avoid. Then again, when you hit a flash or an enemy carries your sticky behind a shield, it can be worth it.
  15. Ximinet

Sticky grenades are only useful when u plenty hit the body of the enemy,because when u stick grenade to him,he goes to his teammates and the triple kills are awesome. Other than that ill prefer normal grenades.
  16. Ximinet

Malaka,i swear that ill see u on other game,MWO for example.
  17. Dualice

AS-16 is the Nighthawk, the fully automatic shotgun.
  18. Ximinet

Well,as ive said (im Tetele) i prefer the Baron,can kill to medium distances,while the autoshottys not,but auto ones are better for kill heavyes.
  19. Targanwolf

Leveling priority is : Ammunition Belt ? ??? or Utility Pouch ? ??
    there is no ammo pack. that some referred to
  20. SarahM

In the infantry screen, there should be a small button labeled "engineer certs" which takes you to a list of certifications. There, under passive, you can improve the ammo pack (more duration and radius).

You can throw down ammo all day long as engi (default: f ), so ammo belt is kind of redundant.