[Suggestion] Please STOP the nerf threads

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jube, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Jube

I read through these forums and all I see are people asking for the nerf bat, because they get owned by whatever.
    Why?
    Why would you want ANYTHING NERFED?
    If the NC's Gauss Saw is so awesome (Which we all know it is) instead of asking for it to be nerfed ask for the other factions LMG's to get a buff to even things out.
    Instead of asking for the Striker to get nerfed against ESF's ask for the ESF's to get buffed against the rockets.
    Instead of asking for a AV turret nerf, ask for tank armor buff.
    Instead of asking for a Shotgun nerf ask for more objects in the room so you can avoid it easier.

Use your minds to think of how to improve by adding to the game (buffs). Not taking away from the game (nerfs).
    Please, try to help make it better instead of make it worse. If you nerf everything that people call for you'll be down to rocks and sticks.
    NERFS ARE BAD. BUFFS ARE GOOD.
    • Up x 6
  2. LT_Latency

Because it is easier to nerf 1 thing to bring it inline with 100 things then it is to buff 99 things
    • Up x 2
  3. Zenith

It will never stop, because the flood of bad players just keeps on coming. As long as someone is killed by something they are not using, or do not have access to, then we will have nerf threads.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jube

How do you know that? I'm sure SoE has a competent group of developers who can handle buffing 99 things. Take for instance the latest bunch of buffs done to VS weapons in the last update.
  5. LT_Latency

This is poor design though.

If you make Air planes you need to START all players with some sort of basic air defense. You can't except people to get LOLdestoryed by something and not be able to fight back until they play for 2 days. They will leave before they get it.
  6. LT_Latency

How is making changes to one thing vs making changes to 99 things clearly not less work.
  7. Jube

You are probably correct, I just wanted to point out that if people use their heads in a positive way by asking for a buff to counter whatever owned them instead of a negative way by asking for a nerf, we may all finally get to a game that is enjoyable by all.
  8. Zenith

You only get destroyed if you're fighting the enemy on their terms, which is how it works in any FPS game. We shouldn't be nerfing things because BR1 players can't go on massive kill-streaks, or because people are bad at playing a particular class/vehicle.

Fortunately the devs are smart enough to nerf/buff based on global stats, not the opinions of forum warriors.
    • Up x 1
  9. LT_Latency

Yes you totally should or they should at least have a version that is very close functionality or most people go screw this I am going to play something else.

You should never be in a situation where you can't defend yourself because on NEED to unlock something. Everyone should have some version of it from the beginning.
  10. Kayato

NERF ARE BAD BUFF ARE GOOD???????
    Please, c'mon, so everyone must have Deathstar cannon power in every gun?

NERF is for balance a weaposn to other wep. of the same kind in different empire.
    Nerf for the Stiker? Becouse sometimes hit?
  11. Zenith

If they can't use what they are given at the start to good effect, then they're never going to be able to use it, however long they play the game. These people are called bad players, and we do not balance based on their lack of ability. If we did, then this game would die very, very quickly indeed.
  12. Jube

Why do you think a nerf is for balance but a buff isn't? For example if tank armor is buffed against a the AV turret isn't that "Balance"?
  13. LT_Latency

Look at Anti air.

Do you start with the same sort of power that you can buy later??? No not even close. This is a problem for players who start out without it. It gets frustrating getting turned to dog food when you can't fight back.

Now you could say. Just spend money. But I am currently not having fun and very frustrated that they are many things killing me that i don't have the tools to fight back against. Why would I spend money in hopes I start having fun.

Further more it makes balancing VERY VERY hard. At the start very few people have lock on G2A missiles so planes are too strong and every thing needs to balanced so AIR can be dealt with a limited number of G2A missles.

What happens months later when instead of 4 or 5 people having the weapon 50 or 60 people have it. Now the balance breaks again and every thing has be adjusted when most people have them and planes are getting dropping like flies.

If people just started with a basic version of everything they could start balancing things correctly from the start
  14. Ultimatestormer

And you always do have something. For AV you start with the standard Dumb-fire rocket launcher. For AA you start with one burster arm. For Close Range AI you have carbines, for Medium Range AI you have a variety of weapons, for Long Range AI there are many guns that are good and at Very Long Range AI, you have sniper rifles, my only complaint here is that NC snipers start out 100 certs ahead of VS and TR snipers. Weapons are generally sidegrades, and you sacrifice one area to dominate in another, there is no situation where teamwork can't kill you.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zenith

This.

I'll say it again, if new players can't cope now, then they will never cope. Some people are just iinherently bad at games of this type, and catering specifically to them is not only stupid, it's going to ruin your game.
  16. Teegeeack

Wherever I go I must nerf.
  17. LT_Latency

This is not true at all.

Fighting against tanks with a dumb fire is 100% different then fighting them with say the striker.

You can't depend on your team and most people don't want to NEED to. Most people who play are barely functionally at best. You need to be able to go. This thing is missing me off so I am going to take out my counter and fight back.

Anything less leads to frustration and loss of players. A dumb fire rocket is not a counter to something like a air attack. It's crossing your fingers and praying to god
  18. Zenith

It's perfectly true. Guided missiles are a side-grade, not an upgrade. If you're good at the game, then dumb-fires are actually the better choice, and I tend to get way more kills with them. Against air it's obviously a lot harder, but again having a lock-on is still no guarantee, not with the number of counters people are running to break your lock.

Besides, why are we talking exclusively about air? They have been nerfed time and time again, and AA has been buffed just as many times as air has been nerfed. People derping around with lolpods are usually the first to die, and only the good pilots actually get something useful done. I hardly worry about lolpodders these days, unless I'm rocking a dumb-fire, and they're hovering within range... then I just smile. :D
  19. LT_Latency

It's an example of something that the game doesn't not start with that you need in order to fight back against certain enemies

Wow,

Guided missiles are a side-grade, not an upgrade.
    I hardly worry about lolpodders these days, unless I'm rocking a dumb-fire
  20. Jube

You seem to be thinking in terms of the individual instead of the team. This game is based upon the "Team" or "Outfit" principle.
    Now if you believe people should start the game BR1 and play as an individual being able to own a BR80 playing with a squad, then I don't know how you can justify that. But in the end it has nothing to do with my original thought in this thread.

Balance does not require nerfing anything. Balance can just as easily be gained by buffing the counterpart of the item you believe needs to be nerfed.
    My objective in this thread was to try to change everyone mind set from nerfing to buffing. I realize there are alot of negative minded folks out there that will read this and simply say it's foolish or just plain wrong, but if it encourages just a few to think of positive changes then perhaps it was worth it.