[Suggestion] Please stop suggesting turning the game into BF3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rusky, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Vachek

Yes by all means stop trying to use any suggestions from a more balanced, more popular, more successful game. Thats just crazy talk.
  2. Problem Officer

Clearly the less mature and/or honorable players are sharing their suggestions based on their own ingame weaknesses.
    I will and do assume that anyone complaining about "aircraft have too much HP"
    don't like playing HA or MAX and often get wasted from the sky.

+1
  3. Redshift

There was a zerg in PS1 of course, but because of useful secondary objectives organised squads could shape the battle irrespective of what the zerg was doing. i.e., the zerg could easily get themselves farmed for a hour before an organised squad got a router pad into the gen, the zerg then follows and a victory occurs.

In PS2 there isn't anything but the zerg, you win by throwing more men into a base than the other team, there is very little room for small groups to shape battles.
  4. Maxor

@Tasogie I know a brought up the "real world" thing but when designing FPS games you want a level of realism in them. The reason people play shooters is to have a fun and non-dangerous experience of war.
  5. Maxor

@Rusky again, I play on Mattherson and I've been playing PS2 since the first week of beta. I can't say I see the vehicle to infantry ratio be equal all the time but it happens greatly especially when attacking a tech plant and the defending team decides to mass vehicles as a last ditch attempt to hold the outer areas. Perhaps in the end i'm over exagerating the ratios, I can only go off of what I see, but still the infantry to vehicle ratio in most large scale fights is way (way as in leaps and bounds) closer than it was in PS1.
  6. Tasogie

you feel special cos you played ps1 ? lol I played Tribes 1and 2 does that mean I am an elite fps player?
    As for AA being worth it, MAXAA is very much worth it, 2 AAMAX can clear the skys over your objective easily.
  7. Maxor

@Redshift I agree to a certain extent. Although Enclave has proven that tactics and organization can still be the tide changer it doesn't change the fact that when two unorganized groups fight for a base its just a matter of numbers and who makes better use of the Zap Brannigan way of war.

Fry: I heard that one time you single-handedly defeated a horde of rampaging somethings in the something-something-system.

Zapp Brannigan: The Killbots? A trifle! It was simply a matter of outsmarting them.

Fry: Wow! I never would have thought of that!

Zapp Brannigan: You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shutdown. Kif, show them the medal I won.