[Suggestion] Please return the range to NS lock-on launcher.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Humoreske

NS Lock-on launcher ranges have been reduced and lock-on speeds have been increased in the Critical Mass update.
    As a result, Annihilator and Swarm became almost useless in Anti-air. and the plane became more a threat.
    They no longer come to the range of lock-on. *sigh*
    DB said "Swarm and Annihilator, have all been diversified more to excel in different areas."
    I think DB forget that the NS lock-on rocket launchers can not fire without lock-on...
  2. MonnyMoony

I agree - lockon launchers that cannot dumbfire should have something to compensate for their lack of flexibility.

Either a longer lockon range compared to dumbfirable launchers or their lockon time should be much faster.
  3. FLHuk

See now I'd have gone the other way. The lock on time for Air/Ground is ridiculously fast. Reload is also now very fast.

I hate air as much as the next person who decided not to fly but a small squad of these is, as ever, just fine!
    • Up x 1
  4. WarCannon9000

I do agree with the range being a bit short, I think if they had the ability to dumbfire they would be fine. I had a few ESF's and a LIB dodge all 3 shots from the swarm and fly out of range before i was loaded.
  5. BorgUK1of9

Agreed and for those of us that bought the NS versions with our DBG cash I want to return them to the shop for a refund.

Also the Lancer was took so long to charge with this change reward does not equal effort.

DBG is there no one there with Planetside 1 experience anymore, do they not remember Vehicleside as we called it when you nerfed the Infantry AV then and almost ruined the game...... Is there not a big lessons learnt book kept to stop almost 15 years of mistakes being made over and over again.
  6. Eternaloptimist

Do you mean apart from the fact that they are the only ones that can lock on to both air and ground targets in addiiton to the general RL changes of faster reload, shorter lock on time, getting vehicle damage xp and doing double damage to tanks hit from behind? I am not against RLs, I use them all the time when I play HA (in fact I only play HA when I want to use the RL nowadays) although I recently went back to ESRLs from lock ons.