Please Nerf Death

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ewokinarmor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. ewokinarmor

Hey everyone. I think death is pretty OP as it is right now, and I really think it is in desperate need of a nerf. You can whine about PPAs, or ZOE, or NC MAX, but you only get killed by those some of the time, annoying as they may be. However, whenever I log on to a large battle, there are always 48+ players using death and indiscriminately zerging everyone with death. I think I can safely say that I have died because of death 99.99% of my time playing planetside 2, and that's not even an exaggeration.

But everyone is using death. Why do I dislike it? Well that's rather simple. I dislike it because:

1. it's generic. ALL FACTIONS CAN USE DEATH. These generic NS weapons have to stop killing the unique factions of planetside. Make it interesting. I'll get to this in a moment.

2. It's super OP! Even though death is usually a seven-shot kill, it shuts down not only the central nervous system of the target, but ALL of the organs!!! This is just boring.

I think death should be faction-specific. The Vanu version of death should charge up and cause death to the clothes of the target, because the bad fashion sense is one of the main things the VS is fighting against on auraxis. The TR version of death should shoot really fast and cause some death to lots of organs in a short period of time. The NC version of death should hit like a baseball bat, fire less quickly but cause lots and lots of death.

Another option would just be to remove death altogether. I feel this would make the game more meaningful and fun to me, and many others. However, these are all just my ideas of how this weapon could be improved, and if you have any suggestions, they are most certainly welcome. What do you think?
    • Up x 8
  2. Demigan

I think this is a very VERY special troll post.

yeah, what else have you died of besides death?

Let's rephrase that:
    "But everyone is using HUMANOIDS. Why do I dislike it? Well that's rather simple. I dislike it because:

1. it's generic. ALL FACTIONS CAN USE HUMANOIDS. These generic Bi-pedal creatures have to stop killing the unique factions of planetside. Make it interesting. I'll get to this in a moment.

2. It's super OP! Even though using Humanoids on two feet is usually a good bet to get your audience into the game, it is used in nearly every game!!! This is just boring."

See? Same thing.
  3. vanu123

So what's the .01%????
  4. Rogueghost

Crashes.
    • Up x 2
  5. Akashar

Death kills. It is known.
  6. Ryker

They are nerfing everything because of skill celling, aka ps4...
    • Up x 1
  7. DorianOmega

yes, everyone is invulnerable, every single ******* easy to fix balance issue is solved.
  8. Arsonix

9. Alan Kalane

Boredom.
  10. gd1w

Death is balanced because it has limited ammo or is stationary. The only death that isn't balanced is the phase shift. It has unlimited ammo and you can move around with it. Nerf the phase shift.