Please Higby, we are going to need the Data....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PanzerShrimp, Mar 1, 2013.

1. PanzerShrimp

So with the change to flinch these forums are going to explode with QQ (mainly from bunny hopping TR scrubs) about how they can no longer flinch a player to death just by pointing and shooting.

Just like the Magrider nerf, hordes of players who "thought" they were good are soon in for a rude awakening when this broken mechanic is balanced, and they refuse to accept that they were never good to begin with.

So can we please lessen the burden on these forums and have data (similar to the magrider pre/post nerf data) posted asap.

If this is not done, this patch we quickly become known as "The Tears of the TR".

And on another note, NC being forced to put up with there slow rate of fire weapons, disadvantaged by the flinch mechanic, forced to play handicapped for so long.....are going to absolutely dominate until the other factions accept it and learn to play proper.

thx.
  2. Grotpar

Don't worry, they'll still be able to flinchlock people to death.

The day of reckoning is not yet upon us.
  3. Sedisp

Just going to say this. NC weapons are bad not because of the flinch mechanics (though that didn't help) but because for every decent weapon they have the TR has one that trumps it.

Flinch or no flinch the RoF being low is still a handicap.
    • Up x 1
  4. PanzerShrimp

There's still going to be tears.
  5. Sedisp

Yes but their are tears now. A good chunk of the TR population legitimately believes their weapons are the worst ones.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vorxil

Eh, TR aren't the only ones affected. VS gets the shaft on long range flinch if flinch is based on received damage.
  7. Achmed20

not really. the main problem ist more that most of our low ROF weapons have very bad hip fire accuracy.
    take the cyclone for example. thats considered a low ROF gun but its still a beast in CQC
    • Up x 1
  8. PanzerShrimp

Why do you have the false Magrider description in your sig?
    Lol are you still refusing to let go?
  9. AdrIneX

Really? You predict the TR will come and whine on the forum because "they can no longer flinch players to death"?

Is "flinch" the new buzzword now or what?

I predict the NC will still come on the forum and whine, just as the VS whine about their nostalgia of Magrider-win-button.
  10. mooman1080

All I know is I have to get rid of my "Flinchinator" TR alt.
  11. PanzerShrimp

Regardless, NC will still be the overall handicapped faction, and you should still hang your head in shame when one gets the best of you.
  12. Vorxil

More of a case of not letting SOE get away with removing the defining features of a Magrider. But that's not what this thread is about.
    • Up x 1
  13. Sedisp

The cyclone has the highest TTK of the other two. The only reason it's considered beastly is because it's damage per magazine is high enough that you aren't forced to get an extended magazine.

And its vastly outperformed by the blitz.
  14. TheRev

IkR? I am going to be able to use my x1 x2 reflexes again instead of the NV/IR all the time.
    • Up x 1
  15. Mezinov

It's all a sham, because the Vanu weapons will always be the best. History shows us that ACCURACY and MOBILITY will always trump VOLUME and POWER.

It doesn't matter if your single bullet will literally rip a tank from it's tracks, if that single bullet never hits.
    It doesn't matter if you can put several thousand bullets down range in half a second, if those several thousand bullets don't hit anything.

I was a Vanu in PS1 from day one that somehow ended up in a TR outfit in the later years that now plays NC in PS2 with that same TR outfit. I may wear blue and yellow and scream about living free, but my purple heart pumps teal blood.

With all that said, I look forward to taking these new flinch and shake mechanics to the test. Today in the field with my Warden Battle Rifle the success of my mission literally depended on whether my character was going to randomly flinch half my screen on a hit or only an inch. I couldn't operate anywhere near the TR for all the screenshake from the rocket-pod spam and locked down Prowlers hurling HE shells at anything not bolted down.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sedisp

If only someone had told the Germans that during WW2
  17. centurionvi

Go out on a limb why don't you.
  18. Sifer2

You guys do know NC has the highest rate of fire Carbine in the game right? So technically NC LA's are getting hit with a nerf the hardest.
  19. WUNDER8AR

If you can't aim that is
  20. PanzerShrimp

what do you mean? Are you suggesting the Germans used mobility and lost?

Because if so, The soviet union pretty much replicated there "mobility" to beat them.
    And before this turns into a WWII debate, over 80% German casualties were lost on the Russian front.

So yes, just like the Mongols, Napoleon, Hannibal, and so much more, Mobility is King in warfare.

But this is a computer game, NOT real warfare.