[BUG] Please Fix Turret Repair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mietz, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Mietz

Sometimes I can't repair destroyed turrets as engineer, other players can.

Form what I've seen its completely random behavior and I have no idea what triggers it.
  2. Wibin

Have not seen that yet.

I've been getting no XP repair bug though.

Half the repair then I get xp for the rest, especially on my own stuff.
  3. DankFist

What about when the turret is Heat bugged. It never cools down so the turret just sits there, useless as feather in a knife fight.
  4. Vachek

Seen the same thing before, usually wait a couple seconds and try again and it works.
  5. Leal

Are you like right in the face of the turret? I've noticed if I'm really close nothing happen. Take a step back.
  6. Mietz

I've waited full hours and couldn't repair it at times.
    Last night Crown, Cobalt.

I tried all angles and positions, no game.

--------

I'll try to record it at some point.

PS: fix the engineer repair tool bug where it overheats even when im not repairing anything.
  7. Parity

That is most likely due to friendly fire on the turret. If something gets partially destroyed by enemy, you get full XP every step of the way during repair, but if an ally hurts the turret you'll get no xp for the repair of that portion of it's health plus some extra.

This also counts for airplanes that hit the ground a bit too hard during landing, you get no XP for repairing self inflicted damage.
  8. Vachek

Im just going to ask the obvious to ask, but you are sure the turret was friendly and not a hacked and destroyed turret?
  9. Mietz

Yep.

Since there was a second engineer standing next to it repairing it just fine.
  10. Wibin

It's for even non friendly fire stuff.

I don't let it fuss me to much, I just chime in if there is an issue