Please, fix the C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nooblet91698, Jan 25, 2014.

1. nooblet91698

C4 is so broken...it doesn't work on some vehicles that could grant great XP.
    Flashes, ESFs, sometimes galaxies, and sometimes MBT's take no damage from 2 bricks of C4.
    For example today, I planted C4 onto a hovering Reaver, and it took no damage and flew away unharmed without noticing any thing.
    I put C4 onto a camping vanuguard that was on a 40 kill streak; as the turret turned around, I detonated the C4, and no damage was done to the tank....as I saw on the death screen, no smoke or fire was coming from the vanguard, which is unnatural for 2 bricks of C4.
    Please fix the C4...
    • Up x 5
  2. Jachim

No,

it should continue to be broken and you should find better ways to deal with tanks that actually involve teamwork and coordination.
    • Up x 2
  3. nooblet91698

Well, there were no squads up at the early hours of the morning, and the VS in the tower were being destroyed by this tank, so I went secretly undercover and flanked the tank...and the C4 broke...
  4. Liquid23

or maybe they should fix it and the tankers should just learn to actually use teamwork and coordination so they don't get gibbed
    • Up x 18
  5. nooblet91698

Or they should fix it so tankers should learn to not be campers
    • Up x 7
  6. Jachim

Oh get over yourself. Tanks have to pay attention to a hundred different things, the C4 fairies simply die, respawn, die, respawn, or maybe just instant action right on the tank and WHAM, instagib tanks.

Just because a tank doesn't die more often than an infantry is not an excuse to give infantry ways to ruin team play like C4 currently does.
  7. daniel696

They really need fix the C4. This is making the Tank Campers Zerg extremely huge, because we just can't kill them.
  8. Jachim

C4 fairies account for a fraction of tank deaths. You're deluding yourself if a tank zerg will be reduced by buffing C4 again.

If you encounter a tank zerg, the response isn't suicide C4, trust me.
  9. Liquid23

lol sounds like you just trying to make an excuse for being bad... if you can't handle C4 which has to be placed directly on you from a few feet away you should just stop using a tank... C4 doesn't ruin teamplay... C4 ruins lonewolf tankers and those who have horrible teamplay

I tank all the time and have never had a problem with C4... never been gibbed either unless I did something dumb...
    • Up x 1
  10. Jachim

You could just have easily pulled your own tank with a gunner and destreoyed them, or mounted up with a buddy and took him out with a lib, or hell even an ESF...

Plenty of ways to deal with a solo tanker. C4 is just stupid.
    • Up x 1
  11. daniel696

Doesn't matter, C4 must always be capable of killing a tank.
  12. Pokebreaker

Hmm, in trying to point out his cliche usage of "camper", you make a cliche statement about him going back to "another first person shooter." Seems you've invalidated yourself...

Anyway. If the issues OP is referring to are that of NO damage being done to vehicles, then that is an entirely different concern than that of not being able to get close enough, not kill quick enough. It would be the equivalent of a tanker complaining that their tank round isn't even doing damage to a target, although they see the round hit.

No damage is a legitimate issue (if it's true), reduced damage isn't so much.

Learn to read and understand, BEFORE becoming defensive about your preferred method of gameplay.
    • Up x 3
  13. Jachim

That's all I hear from C4 fairies on the forums. 'Oh you're just bad' and yet I only die to C4 a fraction of the time but that's irrelevant.

It comes down to a greater concern and that is focusing the game on teamplay. A solo tanker should die regardless from a decent group of 2-3 AV users, or a single ESF, or a single lib.. or some errant mines... plenty of ways for them to die.

C4 encourages useless play where a person literally spends their entire time trying to get that one 'LOL LOOK I KILLED A TANK WITH C4 WHAT A NOOB' kill to get their jollies. The attitude you display simply reinforces the notion it's used to troll, not to actually do anything useful for your team.
    • Up x 1
  14. Liquid23

it's no different than any other weapon in the game as they can all be used to uselessly troll if you really want to and it's easily avoidable with even half-way decent teamplay yet you still feel the need to cry about it

I use C4 all the time in coordinated team activities to great effect... the attitude you display is one of a player who just wants to cry over something he doesn't like
    • Up x 1
  15. Elrobochanco

You say this, but only after saying how C4 shouldn't be a viable tactic. Kind of like you don't want it to be the case, but know it actually is. In fact it's almost certainly the intended design that being predictable and campy in a tank is certain death from any number of intended counters that can include C4.
  16. Jachim

You're simply reinforcing the very fact as to why C4 should be nerfed. Your attitude is the most perfect example of it.

Thank you for helping me explain to the lay person why, despite the kill ratio for C4 fairies, it should be nerfed.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jachim

What? I don't even get what you're arguing here. C4 IS NOT a viable tactic, even if it could blow up 2 tanks at once, or only take one brick. It's a tool for trolls.

Just because the 'intended design' of C4 is to kill tanks with 2 bricks, does not make it a valid or appropriate tactic. SOE's lack of foresight into its use as a trolling item does not indemnify it from being something that should be changed.
  18. Saber15

Regardless of whether or not C4 is overpowered, their bugginess needs to be fixed. Spending 200 resources on C4 which then does zero damage when they blow up is stupid.
    • Up x 4
  19. ikillyou1990

Being a tanker AND light assault player, C4 does need to be fixed.

If you lose a tank to a C4 fairy, that's your fault. Pay attention to your surroundings and you won't get gibbed by C4.

With C4 being broken, it is just wasting infantry resources. It is extremely frustrating to finally get to that camper shelling spawn rooms just to die from your C4 not working..
    • Up x 9
  20. nooblet91698

That's one of the most honest and truthful statements that I have ever read. Get over the fact that you were C4ed...nothing can reverse that. And MAX and Tank kill streaks have to end in some way, including C4