Please BAN auto hotkey

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DonnyD., Dec 28, 2012.

1. RobotNinja

AHK/AU3 is also used for auto-targeting and aimbotting as well. It's a ridiculously well-known game hacking tool.

But wait...! Smedley says that the PS2 client has a "sophisticated automatic detection algorithm"! Oh...it's sophisticated alright...so sophisticated it can't even do a simple movement/movement request check (like Punkbuster) and realize that people flying in the air, underneath the world, speedhacking and warping are cheating. Sophisticated my...
  2. SadButTrue

Autohotkey was not designed nor is it intended to be used as a game cheating tool. The software has a variety of uses outside of gaming. Not everyone has a PC dedicated to gaming and can simply close every damn application when they want a quick game of PS2. Some people even use autohotkey to overcome disabilities (if you've got a few fingers missing some key/mouse combinations become difficult).
  3. Shadestorm

There should be some sort of detection for AHK built into PS2, and you must admit to using it for a disability. If your k/d or accuracy % rating while shooting in close proximity to enemies goes up, then you're banned. This is definitely, black on white, cheating.

Disclaimer for what I am about to say: I hold a deep remorse for anyone who has suffered an injury that gives them either great difficulty or stops them from enjoying one of their hobbies or passions. I am sorry if you have a legitimate use for AHK, and have to find another option to help you play games, but I feel AHK does NOT belong on the hard disks of FPS players, and it does NOT belong in PS2.

If you have a legitimate disability, such as missing fingers, and can play an FPS that doesn't allow AHK, you should really count yourself blessed that you can even play videogames at all! Those missing a hand or arm who have prosthetic replacements have many options other than AHK. One could get a joystick and use one hand, have a low sensitivity mouse or simply have a mouse with lots of hotkeys so it is possible to move and look with the mouse.

Honestly, I believe AHK users, 95% of the time are probably using it for malice in PS2. It is unfair and SOE does have big enough balls to say: "Tough luck, not in our game!"

If there must be a prompt for those who don't use AHK for these purposes, detection for any illegal programs that says please close these in order for PS2 to run and not ban you.
  4. SadButTrue

I say we should ban Windows too. One can write a .vbs script to do most of what autohotkey allows.
    • Up x 1
  5. WookLordz

Seriously, go take a hike. I use AutoHotkey on all my computers, as do many people that have real jobs which require a lot of repetitive data entry. I don't use it for cheating because, for one, I'm not a ******, and two, I enjoy playing games to play games, not to derive some weird satisfaction from having a higher K/D ratio than the other loser living in his parents basement.
  6. Shadestorm

Wooky, thank you for your message. I do quite enjoy hiking actually. How it pertains to using computers, I don't really follow your logic. I'm glad that you use AutoHotkey on all of your computers for repetitive data entry, and I'm sure it helps you out a ton. Maybe since I don't use it myself I don't really understand why it is so important to you, but would simply closing it while playing PS2 really be so difficult?

I just wish that SOE can find a way to allow you legitimate non ****** players to have AHK on your PC while playing PS2, but to close it down when you launch PlanetSide2. Regardless of what you might or might not do with 3rd party programs, there needs to be fair play for all, and that will NOT happen so long as players who abuse certain scripts in AHK are still running around.
    Hopefully we can go for a hike someday, the Adirondacks are particularly nice this time of year.
  7. Turiel =RL=

I decided to bump up this thread, because it is obvious to everyone playing this game that there are tons of AHK-scripts in use. It is very easy to google them and it is even easier to use them. Since GMs (if they even exist) do nothing about it, the playing conditions will get worse by the day. In my opinion there is no point in splitting the playerbase in cheaters and honest player and letting the honest guys lose. To make it clear, a lot of people will drive over redlights if they know that they don't get punished for it.

Now here is the suggestion to level the playing field: Remove recoil from the game - basically give everyone the advantage that VS already has. Yes, it will make the game a bit more "unrealistic", but only for 66% of the playerbase. In order to compensate for more people hitting their targets more often after such a modification, just raise the hitpoints by 33%.

Even if this idea sounds a bit too optimistic, it can be at least tried out on test server with no harm done.