[Suggestion] Players logging out to prevent dying.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liquidrider, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Liquidrider

It has become even more apparent after the directives update Before I just ignored it, feeling they were just protecting their K/D. Now it is just frustrating, especially how kills count towards directives.

Suggestions:
    1. SOE please make it so if a player logout during combat
    2. or add a 10 second timer to logout.

PS2 Community thoughts?
  2. PurpleBeefer

quick ALT+ f4 :eek:

i find this behavior to be poor sportsmanship, I have seen it a few times. Though I am sure in terms of occurances accross all servers it is high. so i do suggest a logout prevention measure. even if they alt+f4 it takes the system a while for them to be logged out thus still letting them die n such.
    • Up x 1
  3. Phyr

o_O I would bet all my money, past, present, and future, that there is less than .00001% of people actually doing this. Lets fix things that are actually problems, instead of these made up ones.
    • Up x 9
  4. SeanFree

Does this actually happen with anyone other than that Daddy guy with a K/D of 40? I haven't actually seen it happen before that I can remember...people who do it must have really sad lives though XD
  5. Saber15

Alt-f4 is disabled in Planetside. :rolleyes:

Really annoying too, because I usually just alt-F4 out of games.
  6. Klypto

????????????????

What on earth are you talking about???

AFAIK this feature that was introduced over a year ago is still working perfectly fine.

They only way you can escape death after being shot within 10 seconds is by having a pending continent transfer request and accepting it before you die. The chances of someone accomplishing this is completely astronomical.
    • Up x 3
  7. TraatAdmiral

I have never once had this happen in the entire time I've played.
  8. Bassett

It was a problem for a while but as Klypto said it was fixed over a year ago.
  9. Fellgnome

Go insurgency style -

No kill feed
    No KD
    No XP displayed for kills

Make people stop caring about getting kills or not and just play the game.

Probably never gonna happen considering they want people to worry about KD, but still, it would be awesome.
  10. Flag

It was an intricate part of the legend of 'Daddy'. But even he quit the KD-gamecrash paranoia squad.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

They are redeploying which is cancelled if they take damage during the 10 second countdown. Sounds like you just werent quick enough.

There is no 'honor' in this game.

Players try not to die, and make others die instead. Its a game, down to chasing that wily Infantryman around a rock or tree, trying to at least splash him and reset his redeploy counter. If he gets away, he was good enough to pull it off. No big deal. Sometimes I even ignore the ones who bail and drive off.

Its part of the game.
  12. JudgeNu

Maybe they are redeploying or instant action.
    Either case they cant be in "combat"
  13. Liquidrider

I understand what you are referencing, but I am not sure that update addressed logging out. I have already tested it myself. The moment my ESF caught on fire I logged out. I didn't receive any death according to PSU.
  14. Liquidrider

You can start sending me your SC. Since I am now up to 5 with this happening, granted it has been only one outfit doing it, but still all the same.

Implementing a 10 second logout timer isn't asking the world of the SOE Devs especially when they make directives for kills.

And making up what? I have already tested this on 3 separate occasions before even posting.
  15. Phyr

I'm pretty sure 5 out the entire PS2 playerbase is less than .00001% AND it's already been fixed.
  16. IamNotYourGoose

Are you on the right thread? Did you even read the title of the thread?

haha the original post has NOTHING to do with re-deploying. o_O hahahahaha

Anyways I've done it on occasion, but it was mainly based on my fury to rage quit quickly.
  17. Elrobochanco

I had to triple check if this was a necro thread from ages ago.

Basically everyone who did this has either quit (because they weren't good enough to maintain actual stats) or because they were banned for hacking.
  18. IamNotYourGoose

lol you are either awful at statistics are just a worst off troll. One player out of a thousands encountering 5 people doing it. Please redo your math.
  19. Phyr

Thousands doing it? Check yourself before making stuff up, and wrecking yourself.
  20. IamNotYourGoose

There is no way to fix the issue. Even a 10 second timer doesn't prevent an Alt+F4. And keeping a player within the servers may or may not work, but I foresee players wiping their Ethernet cord out of that wall.

Remember kids K/D is SUPER duper important in PS2.