Played a great alert last night

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeathTollDavid, Jul 5, 2013.

1. DeathTollDavid

Too many complaints about alerts these days so I thought I would share a good story.

Alert: Amp Stations on Indar

When it started we all had one amp which was great. The VS and NC were already fighting over the one controlled by the VS. I was playing as TR and we slowly made our way north to the NC controlled amp because we already could tell that even in two hours no one would make it to the TR controlled amp.

We reached the NC controlled amp (Dahaka) and started to take it. Out of the nowhere the entire NC appeared and pushed us back but it took at least 45 minutes to do so. By checking the map we could see they abandoned trying to take the VS controlled amp in order to protect their own.

Since they pushed us back we split all our platoons into groups. One group flanked while the other group continued to attack the amp hoping to make it appear we were all still there and fighting. It worked and eventually we left our south positions and let the NC start capping territory as we flanked. They mostly left the amp and we started to attack and once again they came back and pushed us back.

With 30 minutes to go we decided to bail and see if we could take the VS station. We got there and the NC and VS had clearly been fighting into a two hour long dead lock they we joined into and although we caused more chaos it was still one massive cluster of a battle with all three factions fighting.

In the end it was one massive stalemate with neither side ever capping a new amp station. The battles were intense, the trash talking was kept to “fun” stuff and there was no one acting like children.

That’s how I wish every alert could be. Although I do wish we had won of course. ;-)

Two hours of great solid battles. Good times.