[Suggestion] Play for the alert or why even play?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Mar 2, 2024.

1. AntDX316

jk, without trying to win bases for a purpose of winning the alert and messaging the enemies to work together with you so you can take off their huge 50%+ territory control with 30 minutes left to end up winning the alert either by a few single digit % or in Sudden Death is good.

Everyone has their reasons to play, some play as they want to strictly solo but engineering/manipulating the map so they can have their fun on bases that matter is what to do.

This is a game of putting in the effort and trying together. There is absolutely no game like this and it makes zero sense this game isn't more popular than it should.

It's actually awesome to play knowing it had nothing to do with lag of any sort when hundreds of people are on the same base all for the main objective of taking the base.

I do not remember lag as being the issue when playing. It's all Objective Play in my memories and experience. In other games, you know the game is lagging behind in something like that game Ready or Not which is bad. Planetside 2 is way better.

I don't really have any suggestions. The game is quite perfect the way it is.

If the game got super popular and we got more maps, it would be better but it's fine the way it is.
  2. Effect

"Play for the alert or why even play?"

Because the gameplay can be fun at times, in general alerts generate very boring gameplay.

Being unique doesn't mean the game is well made. It absolutely makes sense that the game isn't more popular, because in reality the game isn't even remotely close to perfect. The most that can be said is that it had a lot of potential, but the devs decided to water the game down with lots of **** mechanics that aren't balanced around the game's premise of big battles at all.
  3. Liewec123

in my many years of playing i spent most of it trying to stop VS from winning every alert, and for the most-part it was a chore.
    but occasionally i would switch my brain off and force myself to forget about the alert and fight TR/NC instead,
    just fighting for fun and it was much more enjoyable than trying to prevent just another inevitable VS landslide.

alerts just aren't that fun.