[Suggestion] Planned new facility type? Bring back the Interlink!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JarredGalaxy, Jan 31, 2024.

1. JarredGalaxy

So with the devs having a list of things planned for the future involving a few various additions to the game such as some changes to alerts to better improve them and a new vehicle, but most noteably another new major facility. This has had me thinking on various ideas but it also made me think on the fact that there has been a new major facility planned before during the development of Hossin. The Interlink Facility which some reading might immediately say "That's on Oshur" partially true but that's not the same as what I am referring to, the ones on Oshur are a major scaled down version.

This is the original Interlink that was on Hossin
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    It was a massive facility that shared some similar elements to Amp Stations, 2 of these were to be on Hossin at what is currently Hurakan Amp Station and Zotz Bio Lab. The main structure at the center had a similar interior to the ones currently on Oshur but was obviously bigger, the facility had 3 capture points with the C point located on a floor near the top under the giant satellite which was accessible by 4 catwalks with shield bridges that you would fall through and had to be hacked with terminals located in the center building on the second floor. The wall had 4 vehicle gateshields powered by a single generator seen on the map for access inside and the SCU was located in a basement below the center building.
    [IMG]
    The base model was actually found in the game files which further shows that it could be potentially brought back to the game and save having to start from scratch, as this facility just needed a little touching up to address some performance concerns that are frankly meaningless when looking at the game today. There was a lot of missed potential when it wasn't added to the game and many players were disappointed to see it removed and the more you look at the gameplay of them, this base could bring a new and better experience to the game in terms of combat than Containment Sites have. There are various additions that could be made as well to change up the gameplay.

The main idea I have in mind regarding this is bring them back to Hossin at their planned locations at Hurakan and Zotz (formerly Voltan) which are pretty decent when looking at the lattice flow especially during low pop, will address a small issue of 2 Amp Stations being in close proximity to each other and being a 3 CP base that is pretty complex allows for a change in how battles will play out at Hurakan meaning more heavy fights on another part of the map which is always good. As for Zotz it would need a bit more work to fit there with terrain and require changes to its satellite bases. There is potential a couple more of these could be put on Amerish or Indar if they play out good though IMO they should stay unique to Hossin to give a theme each continent has some form of unique main facility to fight at. I hope this is something considered by the devs as I do believe this could greatly improve the fighting on Hossin and bring some fresh content to the game that players will enjoy and bring some more older players back.
    • Up x 1
  2. ganthercage

Great suggestions
    • Up x 3
  3. JarredGalaxy

Well it would be a good addition to the game I believe, has a better design to it than Amp Stations with not beng as complex and a bunch of shield gens, and also much easier to move around than the Containment Sites.
    • Up x 1
  4. VV4LL3

Great suggestion. I think with the next update they're looking at allowing player bases to connect lattices (or so rumor has it). Great points though.
    • Up x 1
  5. JarredGalaxy

They basically were designed on a similar concept of the Amp Station though dont let their look fool you, the base was actually a lot more complex than it seems from the exterior images, had several areas on the wings with 2nd and 3rd floors, the center structure had like 4 floors with the top having a control point under the giant satellite, and the floor below that having a room with terminals to control shield bridges to access the CP. They would have been big on being Light Assault playground, there were many routes to get around so plenty of spaces for indoor fights too.
  6. JarredGalaxy

Had discussions with this and a addition to it is regarding facility benefits, like perhaps it should be able to grant seeing enemy vehicles on the map in your territory, be a good way to find where heavy armor fights are happening and make the Interlinks worth controlling.
    • Up x 1
  7. JarredGalaxy

Revive comment following further discussions on facility updates and changes.
    • Up x 1
  8. ZORN777

It's a great idea, I also have a couple of ideas about Functional buildings that will give advantages when captured.