Planetside2.v0.11.30.239884 - Awesomesauce

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Munson, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Munson

I'd like to send out a big THANK YOU to the dev team for yesterdays patch. I must say, it felt like playing a whole new game.

The game runs a lot more smooth even in big fights where my FPS drops down to 30. Whereas before anything under 50 FPS felt like a slideshow.

Bullets finally register like you expect them to. Not having to empty half a SAW clip into someone to realize you only took away 30% shield. And I might just arrange a marriage between my medic and Reaper.

It's now perfectly possible to pixel aim with the Reaver, which before did 5-15 pixel jumps when I tried to aim (not that it made a difference against good pilots :) - need to practice on dem flying skills).

Yesterday I felt like I got to experience Planetside 2 as the creators intended for the first time. This has definitely been the best patch to date, and now I really look forward to the actual performance patch.

So thank you and thanks again,
    One happy camper
    • Up x 4
  2. faykid

i played yesterday, and apart from the server wide disconnect 2 min before an alert ended, i did not notice anything bad

my fps in spawnrooms was about 90, and never less than 30 elsewhere

i like it
  3. Hatamoto

The game did feel alot smoother, but im not going to set my hopes too high just yet ... the way they release patches, in true tradition, without testing them could break it just as easily as it came
  4. Simferion

I played a few time just now. They are some bugs like the fact I cannot see which different continent from yours the other people in your platoon are in (i.e. if they are in yours the platoon rooster shows the distance, otherwise it shows a green "int_min" or such writing).
    But yes, finally my FPS are normal or at least the game is smoother than before and finally my hit registration seems correct.
    My jag has become a beast and my EM1 has reaped my enemies. :)

Finally a good patch!!!
  5. Sovereign533

Really? They fixed the fps? I didn't have my fps counter on yesterday, so I haven't seen it, or noticed any improvements. I did notice 2 spikes tough, on login and when I hit the record button.
    Good news to hear.
  6. 3asyD

Well i didnt see anychange in fps, one thing i have noticed that if i play my main char on miller my fps is not very good but if i play on waterson my fps is alot better. Funy thing is i live in the uk also afew of my friends have tried this and had the same outcome.
  7. Munson

My FPS didn't improve that much, it's just that whatever FPS I did have yesterday, the game felt smooth. Before yesterday it always felt choppy, even when the FPS meter showed 50+.

30 FPS now is like 100 FPS a few days ago. That's how it feels to me at least.
    • Up x 1
  8. blampoet

so many feelings flying around forumside, you could think this was a Terran Republic "we love our T7 MCG" convention and ammo was free.

if you want to help- try to go for a baseline, something constant... like when you get into the warpgate- it's not perfect, because there might be a lot of faction members there, and there might be a few- but you can nail that down a little with naming a point in time and place.

my machine- i5 760 & gts460 & 4gb ram
    settings- low (with shadow off) at *1080

My FPS
    Pre 9/11 hotfix fps was 45-50 at warpgate entry TIME: tuesday night (2100ish) in EU MILLER
    post 9/11 hotfix fps was derp (proally around 30) TIME: wednesday night (2100ish) in EU MILLER
    post 9/12 hotfix fps was 35 at warpgate entry TIME: Thursday Morning (0700ish) in EU MILLER

i dont see the improvement- but i never complained much, game worked ok for me.
  9. Munson

My reason for starting the thread was to say thank you to the devs for the performance improvements the latest patch brought with it. It was a game changer for me.
  10. XRIST0

Hit detection does feel a lot better today actually , very happy about this .

The game is running fine , could be better ofcoarse .. as for the other bugs i haven't really noticed them , except for the warpgate shields missing .

Apprently there are a few other bugs but im sure they will be fixed in no time . Bugs happen , that's just what comes with coding such a complex game .

Soe try hard to make this game great for their players , you have to give them credit .
  11. Zazen

Yup. there was definitely a change for the better. While I have never had FPS issues per se, the game always felt choppy near big facilities and/or around a lot of people & vehicles. That "feeling" is now gone, although my framerate itself is no different in general. Whatever they did "under the hood" had a pretty positive and far reaching effect on the games' performance.

It's important SOE Devs hear about this from us so they know, especially since its' a rather intangible phenomena not measurable as an in-game statistic. It's how the game, "feels".
  12. Hatamoto

there must have been less people playing last night, the game now once again runs like *** in heavy combat ... either that or the hot hot hot hot hot something fix broke the flow ... Most likely it was because less people were playing right after the patch though
  13. LayZ

I've noticed a change in performance last night. I hopped in about 7-7:30 last night during an alert on Indar. We had a massive battle defending Ceres Hydroponics and for the most part the game ran a lot smoother than I remember.
  14. Reloaded

I'm not sure if it was a placebo effect or not, but I have to agree that the game did feel a fair bit "smoother" last night after the hotfix for the hotfix.

Is there anything official that mentions if they added performance improvements in this patch? If so, I'd like to say, it feels good atm.
  15. Munson

Now it's back to normal again. Sub 50 FPS feels like a Power point slide.

:(