Planetside2.exe crashes, a new theory.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Arnoldspeezashawp, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Arnoldspeezashawp

Seems like there is a good majority of players having the Planetside2.exe has stopped working problem. Most of you have been able to fix this problem by unplugging controllers, and just about everything except your keyboard and mouse. The rest of us still have issues.

The error most of us get should look like this.

http://imgur.com/mwcrG

Now lets get most of these theories out of the way.

32 bit memory problems - Most of us are running 64 bit OS, not to mention we are well above the min. amount of RAM required, I currently run 8GB Kingston HX.

You don't meet hardware requirements - Dual 6870 Xfire with updated beta drivers posted on these forums that actually improve PS2 performance. You will see with my DXDiag that the rest of my specs are up to snuff.

You have a controller plugged in - Negative, I have removed every single USB device except my mouse and keyboard. Even my headset, phone charger and anything that plugs in via USB. Nothing is plugged in but those 2 devices. I run a Logitech G15 KB and G500 Mouse. I think this is the problem.

The game files are up to date and validated as well as a complete re-install of the game twice.

I think the problem lies with the Logitech KB + Mouse, and in other people cases, some kind of gaming KS + mouse combo that is causing the problem.

Here is the first part of the Diag.

Time of this report: 11/23/2012, 08:26:41
    Machine name: *removed*
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: GA-990FXA-UD3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
    Page File: 2640MB used, 13736MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

Now that that is out of the way, take a look at the device input section.

Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard

Device Name: G500
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC068

Device Name: G15 Gaming Keyboard
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC226

Device Name: G15 GamePanel LCD
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC227

According to this I have 4 mice hooked up and 3 KB. On my Device manager it only shows 1 KB 1 Mouse. We already know PS2 crashes when it detects more than 1 pointing device, so I think this might be the problem.

I would like to verify this with more DXDiag from everyone having this problem, you don't need to post the entire thing, just post the device input section.

Also, if any of you know of a way to clean up all of those devices please, your help would be much appreciated.
  2. HeadshotVictim

interesting... how do I get rid of too many devices?
  3. Arnoldspeezashawp

That's just it, I wouldn't know where to begin. Windows is only detecting 1 keyboard and 1 mouse, DXDiag says I have many plugged in, and PS2 refuses to work at this time, so I am only guessing this is the problem. Hopefully I can get some more DXdiag posted to confirm this.

If someone who can actually play the game would mind posting a DXdiag for me so we can compare, that would be very helpful. Any and all help is appreciated.
  4. Trik

You could be on to something. I have a G510 keyboard and a Razer gaming mouse. Also I run Win7 64bit with 16gb ram so my computer is up to the task. Beta worked fine all settings maxed out. I can currently play for about 10mins then the game freezes and crashes saying planetside2 has stoped working. And it says I have 2 G510 keyboards under my Dxdiag as well. Already submitted a ticket hopefully soon this will be hotfixeds.
  5. SlicedGB

Although its one mouse and 1 KB they might have other uses, like a screen.
    are you able to disable all the extras within the devices software?
  6. Arnoldspeezashawp

@SlicedGB - This was my first theory. I completely removed any and all software from my computer regarding these 2 devices. Windows was only showing 1 HID KB and 1 HID Mouse. Same problem, DXdiag is showing 3-4 mice and 3-4 keyboards being plugged in.
  7. shota

can you check temperature on video card then game crash?
  8. Arnoldspeezashawp

@Shota - Those of us getting this error are not able to even play the game. I can log in, make a character, and hit play. When the loading screen hits 98% it crashes. Lots of people were able to fix this via unplugging extra USB devices. That is why I think it has something to do with DX detecting more than 1 device and it is causing PS2 to crash.

Even if it was the GPU, it would not be my temps, I am currently idling at 29C.
  9. Jack the Smack

What does dxdiag say when you remove just the keyboard?
  10. shota

for me, then game crash then laodings its because all servers down.
  11. Trik

I have water cooling GPU temps are not an issue. Maybe PL2 and logitech just don't get along for now.
  12. Arnoldspeezashawp

@ Jack - Good idea, I tried it without mouse one time and the next time without keyboard. Results are further proving my theory correct.

DirectInput Devices
    -------------------

Device Name: G15 GamePanel LCD
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC227

Poll w/ Interrupt: No
    Even with no mouse plugged in it is still saying I have 1 mouse attached. Same with keyboard, when I unplug the keyboard it says 1 Keyboard attached.
  13. boltzap

i still get g25 and my video card is up to date i have ati readon hd 4200 series and i have 3g ram
  14. Yoroi

Well, yesterday I played without problems. Dxdiag input:

-------------------
    DirectInput Devices
    -------------------

Device Name: Gaming Mouse G300
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC246

Device Name: Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC316

Device Name: Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC316

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

Keep searching.
  15. seriphia

I have the same problem, I played beta and also played on launch day, now I get stuck on 98% and that error when i open config, nothing I do seems to fix it. Have the latest video card drivers as well.
  16. Niv

dont know about my case if it was keyboard+mouse problem that cause crash ( im pretty sure for me it was when the game try to use reserved ram for os, and it cause crash) but this guy post fix the problem for me after 4 month since close beta none of the dev team ways helped.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ash-to-desktop-outofmemory-please-read.48828/
    check that post maybe it can help u like it did for me, and read all page 1-2 in that post to know what it can do ,cant promise anything for ur cases.
  17. Arnoldspeezashawp

Well I believe this is the problem, my mouse and keyboard are just way to many input devices lol.

http://i.imgur.com/lw488.jpg

Here is what pops up when I use my mouse and keyboard, all of that for 2 devices. I have tried shutting off most of them trying to get just the mouse click and move functions to no avail. This is what is causing the non specific Planetside2.exe errors on loading. The only thing I can think of doing is switching to a basic mouse and keyboard but I don't have anything like that, so I guess we just can't play the game until they fix the problem.