Planetside?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CoRRh, Dec 13, 2014.

1. CoRRh

What happened?

I started playing back in January. The game was balanced. Weapons were good, content was constant, and people were happy.

Now, the NC is highly underbalanced. I can get all headshots and still be dead first in any battle versus a TR guy. What's up with that?

Content hasn't been added to since Halloween. And all the halloween stuff, bar a couple of things, are out of the game now. Anything that's been added since then has been reskinning. And the holiday stuff? Same recycled thing from last year with some extra cosmetics. Q1 of 2015 better have a butt load of new content to justify going almost 3 months with nothing other than cosmetics and reskins added to the game. Knowing the PS2 devs, though, it will probably be slower instead. Hotfixes 3 times a month now? What happened to the dev team? Is there 5 people doing content now? Go look at Warframe. They can spit out more hotfixes than you do in a month, IN A SINGLE DAY. Plus adding new content every couple of weeks (not reskins), constant community interaction, devs streams at least once a month, playing the game they develop, AND still maintaining their lifes. They do literally 10 times the work you do and they do it 40 times better. Plus, they aren't begging people to sign their emails up as spam catchers.

Updates you say? For what? The 3 fixes a month and any promotions you happen upon?

"Don't Miss Out!" SOE says
    "On what?" the community says
    "We won't tell you! Christmas surprise!" says the oddly suspicious SOE
    "So you want us to sign up our emails for an unknown promotion?" says the innocent community
    "Yup. But don't worry, it will be good!" SOE says with what appears to be a smirk

So, community, do you really trust this? When has SOE NOT let you down? How about that time Hossin was late almost a year, and was unfinished even then? Or how about that time they discounted the Anniversary Bundle by over 25% after you all bought it? Or how about the time they moved a ton of devs over to H1Z1, the game with a concept almost identical to the huge successful hit that is DayZ (sarcasm), off of Planetside? Or that time they released a decent VS weapon? Or the "Buy Now" buttons?

Now, I know they have been trying to get Planetside to launch on PS4. That would slow down development. But halt it to nearly a stop? Either they are being lazy, have a minuscule dev team, or have PC Developers developing a PS4 game. A game that is already developed. A game that only needs a port...... Besides, why would the PS4 need that many developers just to make it work on PS4. In fact, why has it taken this long to get it on PS4?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, this would just be a needless rant post without suggestions. So, I am going to give some.

1: STOP DEVELOPING 7 GAMES AT ONCE IF YOU CAN'T GET A DECENT AMOUNT OF DEVELOPERS FOR ONE GAME.

Apparently a Planetside programmer (with a heavy workload) had to fit time in to his schedule to design a new feature for the Christmas event (Sauce). Where is this content that his heavy workload consists of? They've been doing fixes for the past 3 months almost. Oh, and reskins, but that's not a programmer's job. Either they're working on something big or PS2 doesn't have enough programmers.

2: Start listening to your community.

There are things the community has been screaming for, FOR A YEAR. And not even a peep of it from SOE.

3: Stop Changing Content That Doesn't Need Changing

Most of the balances you've done in the last year were either fine as they were. Really. No jokes. The Minigun was good as is was. Then you shortened the Cone of Fire AND gave it an exclusive weapon mod without giving the other faction specific Heavy guns the same privilege.

4: Stop Changing Old Content In Place Of Making New Content

As I said above, basically everything you've added to the game in several months were either reskins or the Halloween content, which is no longer in the game. This was a bad choice. One that you have just done a bunch of reskins, and the other being taking the halloween stuff out. So many more people would have bought that content if you wouldn't have limited it to that time.

5. Don't Trick the Community.

You aren't a bunch of lawyers, you aren't a supermarket, you aren't the government, and you aren't NECESSARY. Huge companies get away with tricking their customer base because the product they are selling is necessary. They can do whatever the hell they want, and people will keep using their products because they are necessary. Food, lawful defense, THE LAW, and other such organizations are necessary. This video game, which has already pissed off a good portion of its' player base is not necessary. The action with the Anniversary Packs was tricking the community. One part was the discount, the other was extending it.

That's all for now. Just as an FYI, I have not played Planetside 2 actively in about 5 months. So, no, the statement "If you don't like it, leave and play CoD or something" is not a valid statement. I check in every now and again to see if there is new content. And there hasn't been. For months.
    • Up x 1
  2. steverogers

And this is where i stopped reading and knew that reading any more would be a complete waste of time.
    • Up x 1