[Guide] Planetside 2: Weapon Locker Premium series: SVA-88 Review

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IronTyrant, Aug 23, 2013.

1. IronTyrant

so the SVA-88. is at as good as the hype?

In a nutshell yes, its very competitive at both close and medium ranges but does start to fall of at longer ranges
    • Up x 2
  2. Qasar

I have over 1300 kills on the SVA-88 and am back to working on Auraxium with my Orion. I can't tell you which I like better. The Orion "feels better" a lot of the time to me, especially at point blank out to 15m or so, but that clip size has gotten me into trouble.

Honestly, I find that I use both depending on the situation. I tend to use the Orion when the fight fluctuates between point blank and out to 30m or so. For example, if I'm in a tower defense, where the enemy is both in and out of the tower, I'll use the Orion (Once it's purely in, lately I've been swapping to the Thanatos). Once we're in open field, I switch to the SVA-88.

You're also right about those long range fights. Both the Orion and SVA-88 are rough. My 20% accuracy on both is because I take a lot of shots that I really shouldn't down range. I'll burst rounds, but I still miss a lot. I think my next purchase will either be the Flare or Ursa for these situations.

Anyways, good review. Seems accurate from my point of view and experience.
  3. Qasar

4. Konfuzfanten

Good review mate, keep it up.

Pretty much my experience.

Is the SVA-88 a good gun, but when i get auraxium ill properly never use it again. Its just meh, compared to the Orion or Flare/Ursa that has a clear niche.

The SVA-88 feels like a ever so slightly less powerful Orion with a larger mag. The increased accuracy is held back by the lower RoF.

Conclusion: is the SVA-88 worth 500?
    Not in my book, not even close. Everytime i buy a new weapon/upgrade i ask myself this question:

How often do my new weapon save me, where my old weapon would have failed/gotten myself killed and vice versa.
    Thats my "problem" with the SVA-88. 1-2 times every hour i play, i know i would haven gotten the kill and survived with my Orion, while i lost and got killed with the SVA - especially against shotguns, Carv/MSW and SMGs users. On the other hand i can only remember 3 occasion where the larger mag of the SVA actually saved me from getting killed.