[Guide] Planetside 2 Weapon Locker budget series: MSW-R review

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IronTyrant, Aug 18, 2013.

1. IronTyrant

Hi again, IronTyrant here with another review, this time the MSW-R, even though this was my first review only just noticed i never posted it on forums (DUH) so here it is:

In a nutshell:
    Pros
    Good hip fire
    Good rate of fire

cons
    small mag
    not the best at range
  2. Psykmoe

Probably the best 100 cert gun you can buy for most people. Tied for best damage output among LMGs, tied for best hipfire accuracy among LMGs (and the Anchor/Polaris both have slightly to significantly less burst damage). The slightly smaller mag is the only weakness and you can still do quite a bit with 50 rounds, and the reload speed isn't awful.

The Anchor, which has the same hipfire, a little less damage and a little more damage per mag costs ten times the certs.
    • Up x 1
  3. IronTyrant

Exactly pal, for 100 certs as well, can never go wrong for that price
  4. Mxiter

If you suggest that its small magazine is balanced by a shorter reload, it's a straight upgrade from the Carv with better attachments and better COFs (hip and ads).
    If you plays TR and want a CQC LMG, it's the first weapon to get imo. (also the first weapon i bought in the game and i still use it a lot :)).

It's pretty poor over mid range (first shot multiplier + slow bullet velocity), but still more effective than CQC AR/Carabines.
  5. IronTyrant

yea it defiantly best up close and like you said it not the best at medium ranges but its still reasonable to the point you can still fight at medium ranges
  6. Souleater

I got it for short range fights - inside base complexes, rocky terrain with cover, etc that can open up to longer ranges. The default LMG wasn't quite scratching my itch.

I have found it a trusty and reliable weapon. Pretty easy to handle even for a mediocre shot like me. I've managed to kill three or four people in a clip. So with d3cent skills I don't see the magazine size as a huge issue.

I have learnt to hip-fire comfortably with it. The ADS out to medium range feels good. At longer ranges I tend t9 lose out but I do need to try a 3.4 scope with it.

All in all a budget bargain.