[Guide] Planetside 2: Weapon Locker budget series: GD-22s review

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IronTyrant, Aug 18, 2013.

1. IronTyrant

Hi Folks, my review of the cheap and cheerful GD-22s:

In a nutshell:
    The GD-22s is a good at medium range and can handle short and long ranges to some extent, has very good hip fire and controllable recoil making it easy to land bullets, though looking at it at the la1 anchor it is basically just a cheaper version of the anchor, so it depends how much you want to spend, you can get the GD-22s for practically nothing or buy the slightly better LA1 for a steep pric
  2. Psykmoe

Another good thing about it: Its accuracy during ADS movement is superior to most TR and NC LMGs and on par with VS LMGs.

The gun has anemic attachments, only middling damage output (only 652/143 LMGs have worse burst), but excellent handling, and most importantly, it handles very different from the stock gun, so 100 certs is a very cheap playstyle switch. Buying and decking out the GD-22S is cheaper than just buying attachments for the SAW ;) Especially if you prefer better than average ADS-movement CoF over worse than average ADS-movement CoF.

It's a good, solid gun for 100 certs, and its value is increased because it allows a significant yet cheap switch in style for people who do not enjoy the SAW.
  3. IronTyrant

could not put it better myself
  4. Mxiter

It's between the anchor and the Gauss saw-S for me.
    A cheap versatile weapon.
  5. IronTyrant

both nice weapons to be fair, gonna be doing a review on gauss s some time soon
  6. Psykmoe

I'm looking forward to that. I personally enjoy the SAW S but it is in a weird spot where it really doesn't anything NC can't get from one of their other guns it seems, so it's hard to really recommend it. And it doesn't look like any of the other youtube gun reviewers had a crack at it yet.

Still, I like the way it handles better than the Em6. Personal preference is important after all. ;)
  7. IronTyrant

should be up in next month or so, would be up sooner but go on holiday end of this week for 15 days but shouldn't be up too fair after that already got some clips for it