[Guide] Planetside 2 Tutorials - Light Assault in Squad Play

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ReNz0r, Dec 3, 2014.

1. ReNz0r

• Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

Nice video, good reference point for people who have no idea what to do with their LAs in a squad.

Just wish you would leave the gear advice out. I for one don't agree with suit slots choices you propose.

I'd like to add your video to my LA guide, if you don't mind.
  3. ReNz0r

My pleasure please share the love

What suit slots would you take?
  4. Germaux

Woah dude ! Nice video a realy good video ! This i a realy nice video for starters and also veterans.
    -Nice gameplay also only light assault in squad.
    -Good video sound and fps.
    -I also liked that u where explaining what u where doing wrong in that little clip.
    -You're also a br100 so u have a lot expirience with the game.
    I realy like this, make more of this stuff and yeah new sub bro :)
  5. Leivve

"No one will pick you up"

I will, I'll climb the highest mountains, or fly in my Valkyrie to get you; not you specifically because you're traitorous scum, but TR LA i will.
  6. Iridar51

ASC could work, but in very specific circumstances and for a very specific purpose. In outdoors combat, where you operate from high ground - you had a good example of it in the video at ~6:20 - to increase your combat uptime, to make you a more noticeable nuisance. Use own judgement if sacrificing suit slot for otherwise useless ASC is worth the effect.

Probably can be worth it if enemies are particularly thick and don't even notice a single Light Assault, so you have to work harder to distract them, but then you might as well just send 2 LAs to do that.

I don't like Ammo Belt as a rule. Are there really that many cases where you can't spend 40 seconds to retreat and resupply? Sure, engineers usually can't get to you, but as the most mobile class you should have no problem getting to them yourself.

ASC and Ammo Belt are both mostly convenience slots that do next to nothing in direct combat. Considering LA is rather weak in direct combat as it is, I think suit slot should be used to help in that regard - so Nanoweave.

In some specific cases Grenade Bandoleer can be useful, but that's something that should be decided on a fight by fight basis.