Planetside 2 Please fix this!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pacopacotacoinurbum, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Pacopacotacoinurbum

The Shortlist of PS2's problems after extensive play in 2022:

1. Get rid of Orbital Strike and replace it with variations of indirect fire at higher concentrations and longer intervals. When I wrote PS2 before the base building patch and suggested base building, the feature list I requested did not include some kill all ion cannon that destroys everything. I requested a cruise missile fire system that would patch up with infiltrators to direct steady flows of cruise missiles and also add local point defenses to the game to shoot down missiles. They scrapped those ideas and just put in a broken feature that breaks the expected effect a single player can wield by several orders of magnitude. Remove Orbital entirely its too powerful.

2. Headless Camo, & Infiltrator decloak timer: The time from decloak to firing with an infiltrator is at 50% of what it needs to be. The current build was optimized under lag free close range scenarios and doesn't include all of the all of the latency and chaos of a large scale fight. Its too easy for infiltrators to sit on ridges and score intant kills on people stopping to set up accurate shots. There has to be time for a player to knock a sniper partially to disrupt their headshot. That means twice as long. Double the timer so your not feeding unfair frags to iniltrators with sniper rifles. Also refund headless camo and remove it from the game. All you need to peak with is your head, and if your head is invisible, then your game is broken.

3. Air to Air Lockons: AvA Lockons are currently so nerfed that they are not hitting anything fast moving. They need to be effective against esfs.

4. Boats need a bottom gun or another boat that shoots down. Fights on the sea floor, let something shoot down. Also why can infantry weapons work under water and not aircraft?

5. XP bonus based population redirection: I posted a few years ago about removing hard spawns and updating faction leaderships with travel requests and a stand in faction leaderships to direct air traffic & cover for galaxy/valkerie drops. Since I don't think this was well receiuved, at least find some XP bonus system to de-pop overcrowded regions and get the lanes moving again. It doesn't take a hard nudge for people to get the idea especially when setting up attacks.
  2. Pacopacotacoinurbum