Planetside 2 Crashing!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wambat99, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Wambat99

Ok so for like the past year and a half I have had no problems at all. Then about a week ago planetside 2 just started crashing every 10-20 minutes. I've tried reinstalling it on steam, downloading it from the website itself even doing a system restore and setting it back to when it didn't do that with no luck. I am hoping one of you out there know's how to fix this because I am almost ready to quit playing until I get a new computer :( Thanks for taking the time to read this!;)
    • Up x 1
  2. The Rogue Wolf

Are you on a 64-bit system with a low amount of RAM? They've recently enabled the 64-bit executable, which has caused some people problems.
    • Up x 1
  3. Wambat99

What do you mean executable?
  4. The Rogue Wolf

The actual Planetside 2 program. There's now two versions, one for 32-bit systems and one for 64-bit systems, and the launcher automatically chooses which to run based on your operating system.
  5. Wambat99

Ah. Okay. I'm running a 64-bit operating system
  6. The Rogue Wolf

And how much RAM does your system have?
  7. Wambat99

16Gb
  8. PlatoonLeaderG

I was having problems for the last 3 weeks but for the last days it has crushed only once,major improvement.

I prefer crashing 1 time every 3-4 days than every 20 min.
  9. Wambat99

what did you do to fix that?
  10. PlatoonLeaderG

Nothing,maybe the recent uptades helped.
  11. Wambat99

how'd you get that picture of the tank under your comments?
  12. PlatoonLeaderG

Its a pic i made using Gim p and i made the model of the tank with Blender3d.You can put anything you like as a signature from your profile page.
  13. The Rogue Wolf

That ought to be plenty, honestly. I still wouldn't rule out it being the 64-bit client, but at least we know you're not running out of memory.
  14. Wambat99

Alright, Is there anyway to revert back to the 32-bit or is it just automatic? I managed to go about an hour and a half without crashing. But then had to restart my computer to get Ps2 to open =/ Getting very frustrated but seeing how I lasted that long gives me a bit of hope.
  15. Jack the Smack

Do you ever switch continents? I had the game running for 6 hours without crashes last night, but I stayed on Indar the entire time. Whenever I switch continents I'll crash sometime in game.
  16. Wambat99

I mainly stay on Indar. Don't go anywhere else unless there is an alert
  17. Wambat99

I can't even open the game now. I'm going to see what restarting will do =/
  18. The Rogue Wolf

Right here is a guide that was written for forcing the game to use the 64-bit client; if you change the directions around (rename Planetside2_x64 to something else, copy Planetside2_x86 and then rename the copy to "Planetside2_x64") then it might work for you. Be sure not to delete anything so that you can change everything back if it doesn't do the trick.
  19. Wambat99

Funny.. When I play on the PTS I don't crash.. but on regular PS2 I crash all the time
  20. Wambat99

I can no longer play for longer then 5-10 minutes