[Suggestion] Planetside 2: A Planet Reborn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Champagon, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Champagon

This will be one of my last threads hear before I go into super Hiatus mode. But I wanted to say something since I love this game and I desperately want to see it succeed. However there have been many short comings and failings that are currently being pieced together within forumside, and the more recent crashing with PS2's user base.

I have uninstalled PS2 today, not out of hate. Not out of spite, but for the simple reason that this game is not ready yet. And it shows. I could go into a long list of things that would make this better but you guys (SOE) are the pro's and you already know what must be done in order to "fix" this game. In case you are still curious, that answer is "Go Back To Your Roots" of PS1.

Love it or hate it that game had the things that this current gen version is lacking entirely, and that is; purpose.

My suggestion: Take this game offline for about 5-6 months, during this time period revamp and rework just about everything. Actually take feedback that you received in the beta of PS2 as well as forums, have team meetings to discuss the plan, take a look at PS1 and see what you did right from that game and carry it over to PS2. With these constant patches/gamplay changes/fixes it appears as if you are trying to repair a car while it's in motion. Which in essence is a futile attempt.

I believe it would be best to pull the car (PS2) over to the side of the road and then commence repairs and revamps. My example would be Final Fantasy 14. This game was in short, horrible and unplayable when released. What did Square Enix do? They pulled over to the side of the road, put love care and attention into the game. Then re-released to an eagerly awaiting public. This game is now doing extremely well. That is because Square Enix swallowed their pride and did what was RIGHT!

I believe that if the PS2 team did this with the game it would be able to be re-released and be amazing. I am talking "Loads -o- money," "dosh" etc. This is my last plea with you SOE, I didn't want to uninstall this game because it has so much potential. But I am also honest with myself, and this game is still a beta.

-Here's to a better tomorrow for PS2, I hope to come back soon-
    • Up x 3
  2. Wobulator

Maybe not take it offline, but stop all updates.
  3. daniel696

They can do it, the only problem is they focus are in wrong things, for example delaying good updates for **** ones, 1 year and half guys, 1 year and half.
  4. Sagabyte

I bet this can be done, but don't restart the game servers/
  5. Strottinglemon

What are you smoking? Sure, maybe more time spent working on updates would be good, but taking the game offline would create the mother of all community sh1tstorms.
    • Up x 1
  6. Scr1nRusher

Op....... what is wrong with you? 0o0
  7. doombro

I think it's a vaguely good idea. However, they need a lot of people to do some necessary testing. Unless they relegate it back to beta status, they won't have enough people to get stuff done. And what about progression? When they're done renovating, will they just reset all progress we've made since november 2012 and make us all start from BR1 again without giving back any of the spent money?

It seems far too late to shut the doors on the game and start over, but it is looking to be about time for drastic measures.
  8. TriumphantJelly

They should get hossin out, fix hossins bugs, get resource vamp out, fix RR bugs, stop updates for 2-3 months and do this.

Also, I found a hilarious bug. Try landing a driop pod on the tip of the spire on top of the bio-lab. And weep.
  9. S7rudL

Where is your mum Lance? :confused:
  10. UberBonisseur

To pull or not to pull a FFXIV...

Do you think the game is broken enough ?
    All the subscribers don't think so
  11. TheFamilyGhost

"Make a game that's already made".

Horrible business advice.

Wanna know what they really need to do? Stop putting resources into appeasing the nerfbabies.
  12. UberBonisseur

"Sell the same game with slightly better graphics"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  13. TheFamilyGhost

I'm running a Nvidia 480. Graphics are awesome.