[Suggestion] Planetside 1 remastered. Lets make it happen!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

So I was on the Facebook of Hardsuit Labs. There I come to find out they will soon be releasing Bioshock the collection remastered for PS4. Now, many know CoD will be releasing Modern Warfare remasttered for PS4 soon as well.

I think it would be a great idea for a Planetside 1 remastered release for PS4. It would bring positive attention to the Franchise and attract more players who will enjoy the remastered classic enough to be curious about what came next PS2.

Lets talk costs, Would it really cost DBG much at all? Especially when you consider the ROI of the new excitement that will help the remastered title, the PS2 title, and may even spark interest to start PS3.
  2. DeadlyOmen

no
    • Up x 1
  3. FriendlyPS4

I'm so happy your no doesn't matter because you don't work for DBG. :)
  4. Hegeteus

It would be better to just move on to Planetside 3, combining all the best features of PS1 + PS2 and learning from their mistakes. Whatever the new Auraxis would look like, it should really feel alive and cosy instead of nothing else than pure non-stop fighting.

I would also like to see more of the lore in game, not just different colored dudes inexplicably fighting with each other
    • Up x 4
  5. Taemien

Recreating PS1 would be like recreating the Atari ET game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Okjoek

I think we need to keep moving on with PS2. I mean we can give a moment of silence for PS1, but the best thing to do for its memory is to make PS2 as great as possible under the so far competent leadership of DBG and someday get a Planetside 3 that gives us all the things we dreamed of that PS2 couldn't physically deliver. like a newer engine for better optimization for less powerful PCs and heck maybe make it look better at the same time if the hardware/software have gotten that far. Maybe a game where the vast lore archived in the wikis can flower into some sort of campaign. The possibilities lie before us and DBG.
  7. FriendlyPS4

In a PS3 I would like to see the lore of the game explained as part of a single player option. A PS3 will NEED single player. That is where players can get to really learn to play the game, then they can start multiplayer.

I would also like for DBG to hire out the job of creating a PS3 to another gaming house. Hell even do that for the remastered. For the obvious reason, DBG is not to be trusted. But they have to be respected because they own the franchise. DBG has the money to hire out the job, because DBG is a portfolio company of a Hedge Fund.
  8. Whiteagle

Lodestar WHEN?!?!
  9. SHADOWELITE7

would be nice to have a Planetside 1 remastered or Planetside 1 Definitive Edition
  10. Hegeteus